You guys weren't joking when you say

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, "every few months i'll read...every time i think 'is it really still around' " sums it up. Attention span of gnats, can't even remember if they checked anyway. Correct response - people still read AOL engadget? :)

Okay.

May I ask what's your point?  I'm not sure why ...

hmm,

Maybe I am inferring more than was implied but it seems you phrased it in a way to suggest it is our fault people are speculating about SL on some random chat room, twitter feed or street corner.  I do not honestly do not know if it was just a troll or do you want to discuss Second Life's popularity (or lack thereof).

lol Qie. You might be right.

The few times I've mentioned SL, it's been more like "There's this thing, on the internet. It's sort of like a computer game, except you can do whatever you want in it. Well, I make things for people to use in it."

"You make internet things?" Pause, bewildered expression. "Did you catch the match at the weekend?"

Anything more is rejected as information overload. :matte-motes-smile:

The last time I brought up SL outside of family, there was a guy I work with bragging about having too many girlfriends.  I said something like Second Life girlfriends don't count and everyone laughed.

I guess I work with different people than the twitter crew.

<--- is still wondering what the intent of the thread was about.

God sorry for the quoteless double post on mobile now and idk where to find that quote button rip.

Anyway, I was just making a reference to what I've heard some people are saying :D I like posting in this forum because this is where people actually get my obscure sense of SL humor e .e

This isn't specific to SL at all. There seem to be a lot of people who think things stop existing when they stop thinking about them. This is especially true when the thing in question went through a popularity bubble like SL did, during which a lot of people who wouldn't even know or care about such things heard a lot about them anyway.

These people tend to be of the fad following variety who keep jumping on whatever the new thing is, and they assume that the things that used to be fads must now be sitting around growing old and stale. But there are many of these kinds of people unfortunately, so if you look, I have no doubt you will find many more people saying things like the above Twitterers are saying, and it doesn't reflect on SL at all. It reflects on that person.

I don't think Second Life has such a great reputation. I think that's why  a lot of people don't talk about it. I tell people at work I have a second income, and when they ask what I do, I'm a content creator for games. And then I just change the subject if they push for more information. Some people know it's Second Life, and then they say 'are you still doing that?' and a look of shock follows. Nobody is impressed, except my family recently found out I'm thinking of quitting my rl job to do it, and when I told them how much I make they were very impressed. But I don't volunteer the information. I have found people are not impressed, it's like its for losers. sorry :matte-motes-crying:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.