Sign in to follow this  
Guku Aabye

The Cool VL Viewer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The creators of the Cool VL viewer elected not to self-certify compliance with the LL policy on third party viewers.  That step is not mandatory, but compliance is.  The effect of not completing the self-certification is that a veiwer cannot be listed in the Third Party Viewers Directory.  It is not a commentary on the quality of the viewer or its creators.

• Like 2

6 answers to this question

The creators of the Cool VL viewer elected not to self-certify compliance with the LL policy on third party viewers.  That step is not mandatory, but compliance is.  The effect of not completing the self-certification is that a veiwer cannot be listed in the Third Party Viewers Directory.  It is not a commentary on the quality of the viewer or its creators.

• Like 2

Hello!

I also like the Cool VL Viewer most. But recently I have problems with the performance of some hair styles and jewelry (sorry for my english, I am from Germany). It looks like not loaded completely. You see a 'layer-chaos'. I tried to download third party viewers like Alchemy, Black Dragon, Ukando and others on the list. But many of them have the look of the original Second Life viewer, which I don't like, and others don't allow me to download them because of an error. Maybe it's because of my graphic card.

Can anybody tell me what this bug with hair and jewelry is about and how I can eliminate it?

On 27.7.2016 at 3:37 AM, Guku Aabye said:

I was wondering why The Cool VL Viewer isn't on the Third Party Website like the other viewers are for Second Life?

Maybe you missed it, but Henri Beauchamp (the creator of the Cool VL Viewer) answered this question right there on the website:

The Cool VL Viewer is itself TPV-policy compliant (and for people wondering why it is not listed in LL's TPV directory, it's simply because I don't want to provide private data to LL about myself, data which is illegal to require for such a purpose in my country. Being listed in the directory is in no way a requirement for a viewer to be considered TPV-policy compliant anyway: see the paragraph 6 of the TPV policy).

(bold by me)

Source: http://sldev.free.fr/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.