Videographer didn't show for wedding but was paid upfront

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

You mean I've been banging my head against a brick wall all these years? :matte-motes-sour:

Well the entertainment value of niceness is much lower. 

Yep. That's probably why I subconsciously avoid it. I'm here for the entertainment ;)

No, Linden Lab does not get involved in disputes between residents.

Read their TOS, it could not be more clear:

Section 1.4

You acknowledge that you will be exposed to various aspects of the Service involving the conduct, Content, and services of users, and that Linden Lab does not control and is not responsible or liable for the quality, safety, legality, truthfulness or accuracy of any such user conduct, User Content or user services. You acknowledge that Linden Lab does not guarantee the accuracy of information submitted by any user of the Service, nor any identity information about any user. Your interactions with other users and your use of User Content are entirely at your own risk. Linden Lab has no obligation to become involved in any dispute that you may have or claim to have with one or more users of the Service, or in any manner in any resolution thereof.

Section 6

You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. We are not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users.

9.1 Linden Lab is NOT liable for its users' actions, and you release Linden Lab from any claims relating to other users.

You agree not to hold Linden Lab liable for the Content, actions, or inactions of other users. As a condition of access to the Service, you release Linden Lab (and its officers, directors, shareholders, agents, subsidiaries and employees) from claims, demands, losses, liabilities and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any dispute you have or claim to have with one or more users, including whether or not Linden Lab becomes involved in any resolution or attempted resolution of the dispute.

That may sound contradictory, but it isn't, because LL is merelyl saying that for the purposes of monitoring compliance with the TOS overall, they monitor residents and that means they may monitor disputes but WILL NOT get involved in them or settle them.

This is truly a caveat emptor (buyer beware) experience, and it is the least virtual part of the virtual world.

So you can try to abuse the person just for the record, but there isn't even a category for this AR anymore so you'd have to use "targeted harassment" or something that doesn't quite apply. It's just for the sake of making a paper trial. Expect nothing.

Send an IM and notecard to the miscreant and ask him if he'd be willing to videotape your re-creation of your wedding if he won't pay you back, otherwise you will publicize his name everywhere.

You can't do that on the forums, but there's no reason you can't circulate it in world. IM me about this.

Only through publilcity -- inworld and on social media and blogs -- will you get justice in SL.

Prokofy Neva wrote:

Send an IM and notecard to the miscreant and ask him if he'd be willing to videotape your re-creation of your wedding if he won't pay you back, otherwise you will publicize his name everywhere.

You can't do that on the forums, but there's no reason you can't circulate it in world. IM me about this.

Only through publilcity -- inworld and on social media and blogs -- will you get justice in SL.

FYI, the OP told us the miscreant returned the money several days before you posted that.

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

Prokofy Neva wrote:

FYI, the OP told us the miscreant returned the money several days before you posted that.

Yes and did so by being agreeable, which is still by far the best way to get what you want in SL -- vastly more effective than threats to "tell all my friends" etc. Amazing that some fail to learn this year after year.

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Pardon? Did you bother to read what I was responding to? Or what the person that I replied to was responding to?

(Hint: It wasn't directed at the OP.)

I notice it has fallen out of fashion, reading a thread before posting.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.