How much your earning in fish hunt?? :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't play but I've spent a lot of time watching and helping.

A friend of mine, with the most efficient (and expensive - I think it was L$10,000 or more) rod, plenty of boosts/power-ups, and spending 5 hours or more a day at the most profitable locations...

...could scrape together a dollar or two in profit per day, after operating costs.

Obviously, investing in rods/worms/boosts vastly reduces your profit margins, but it's the only way to make money at any speed. This system is a traffic-generating tool for a reason.

P.S. Hey Rhonda, I'm following you around today! :matte-motes-smitten:

I don't play it because I've concluded after checking it out, watching people, and what people have posted on this forum about it that you'll never make enough money to make it worth the time and any $L's you invest in it buying better rods and bait.

The best way to get $L's is to buy them.  Give up something small in RL such as eating lunch out, buying a Starbucks coffee, give up going out once in a while, etc. and use the money you save to buy them.  Or get a part time job and work a couple hours a week at it.  You can live like a queen on just a small amount of RL money.

If you don't want to spend any money, get a job as a club host, dancer or something else.  You'll make a lot more $L's for the time you put into it , meet people that could become friends, and have a lot more fun.

• Like 3

I've earned about 25,000L doing this in one week.

It's all about technique...and using the right rod for the job.

Vinxent9 wrote:

well i'm just starting fish hunt lately and i want to know guys how much can you earn from fish hunt??

Alwin Alcott wrote:

MrMakelove wrote:

I've earned about 25,000L doing this in one week.

It's all about technique...and using the right rod for the job.

in your dreams perhaps

And there you go, Vinxent.  When the thought of making 50 cents an hour has people claiming BS, that should tell you about what you can expect.

It can be OK when there is nothing else going on and I want to do something while chatting but  I don't have the patience to earn money that way.

Technique? There is no technique. It's click your rod. wait for it to finish, click your rod again

I tried this game only because I got it for my land thinking it would bring in people. It does bring in traffic... but it's entirely useless traffic. The Fish Hunt players do not engage in anything. They might as well be afk. If traffic is what you want, you're better off just making a bunch of alts and sitting them on your land, because traffic is all you get with the fish hunt. While technically the people it brings are real other people (I think?), you'd have a better chance of having an interesting conversation with your own alt.

But... that aside, this thread is from a players perspective and I did try it as a player since I wanted to know what kind of thing I had on my land. I found it to be the most utterly boring thing I can possibly imagine, and making money from it is extremely slow. As you level up you start making money a bit more quickly but you first have to put in all the time it takes to get to a high level including the cost it takes like getting an expensive rod, expensive worms, pets that help you level up, etc, unless you want it take a few years to get up there. So after all that time and expense, you might be able to pull in like 500L a day if you want to put in the hours to do it.

It's my opinion of course, but I think Fish Hunt is a terrible deal for land owners, and pretty much a waste of time and money for players, unless you somehow actually enjoy it, in which case have fun and don't worry about how much money you can make.

Ilithios Liebknecht wrote:

I tried this game only because I got it for my land thinking it would bring in people. It does bring in traffic... but it's entirely useless traffic. The Fish Hunt players do not engage in anything. They might as well be afk. If traffic is what you want, you're better off just making a bunch of alts and sitting them on your land, because traffic is
all
you get with the fish hunt. While technically the people it brings are real other people (I think?), you'd have a better chance of having an interesting conversation with your own alt.

Traffic is some people's objective. Creating a bunch of alts and sitting them on your land for traffic would get you into trouble unless they were all in on viewers. Otherwise they would be seen (by LL) as unregistered scripted agents, which are not allowed. For that purpose fishing is a good alternative.

You could easily bring them all in on viewers. Use a low resource viewer like radegast  and log in 7 or 8 alts, you'll hardly notice it on a halfway decent computer. But if that's too shady for you, hire some staff for your land. You can easily find people willing to hang around on your land for less money than you would dump into that fish hunt buoy. And your staff might actually sometimes talk to people or something when they happen to be at their keyboards.

Then there's the issue that useless traffic doesn't even mean all that much these days. There may still be a reason you may want to inflate that number, but it's not near as important as it once was, so attracting avatars that do nothing but effectively act as though they're afk isn't so useful now.

As far as we know, traffic still counts the same as it did when the GSA was used. So, as far as we know, it is still a factor in determining rankings, and it still counts. I know that some people think that traffric no longer counts but I think that's just rumour brought about by misunderstanding how traffic was handled since the GSA arrived.

Yes, thin clients can be used to bring a fair number of alts in. I've heard of Radegast (I think). Is it an actual viewer or a non-visual client? I used to have 4 alts in on LL viewers, plus me, but that was long time ago. When I wanted traffic I used my own bot programme. Still, fishing is a means of gaining traffic and I have no doubt that some people have it for that purpose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Speaking from 4 years of using the Goldtokens Fish Hunt System, I can positively say it's brilliant. You do NOT need to buy anything but small worms in order to play, and they gaurantee profit if you use small worms. It isn't suggested that anyone quit their day job , it's meant to provide the Landowners with traffic, not customers, and to give residents a way to earn some lindens that is fun, creates social contact, and help a community to grow and thrive. Speaking from experience, in 2 weeks of heavy fishing a new player can and does earn over 3k Lindens. Yes, a new player.  On the social side, the group chat is well staffed to keep it respectful and helpful and it is a highly active group. The members are all close and welcome in the new with advice and tips. Get in to it for fun... stick with the small worms and only buy power ups (rods, pets, better worms, etc) if you're in a hurry to get better profit margin quickly. Otherwise, grab the free beginner rod, pull up a chair, and enjoy the chat . Ypou will come away with more linden in your pocket than when you arrived 

• 3 months later...

I don't at all understand the game. I catch a fish, it says I earned a certain amount of lindens, I go to the ATM and it says I have 0 lindens earned for hours and hours of fishing. Not the best game ever since you have no freaking idea how much you're actually earning if anything at all.

• 4 years later...

I play Fish Hunt, have for years. I make a lot of L$ doing this; I have about 6K lindens sitting in my account right now thanks to it. What a lot of people miss is the community aspect of it. As Dayz said in her post, you don't need expensive rods to play. You can just grab a beginner rod and start fishing to your heart's content.

For me it's not just the fishing itself and the fun that brings, but the community surrounding it. I know this topic is old, but I wanted to resurrect it because Fish Hunt is more alive than ever. I would recommend doing it if you are looking for a good community to make friends and for some extra lindens to help your L$ needs in SL. I make plenty to get whatever I want and need in world. And I have made so many friends.

Edited by CeleneHighwater
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, CeleneHighwater said:

I play Fish Hunt, have for years.

And in those years, you missed out on the thread!

bfe0e7953bebc582b2ee5ad1fd36d01d.png

So. Obligatory Necromancer meme:

thread_necromancy_7-me.jpg

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.