Can I use "paypal cash" through secondlife without my bank account linked?

JustcallmeK9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I purchase a prepaid card and its not accepting the card, I tested on my bill and doesnt accept my card as well, bought the card from CVS its a prepaid card american Express

I was wondering if I use paypal cash and put my cash in my paypal account will Secondlife accept my paypal cash?

I dont have my bank linked to paypal

3 answers to this question

You do have to have a verified PayPal account, which means that PayPal has to have some formal means for getting their money.  They're not picky about what thet means is, though, so they will accept a credit card, bank account, or debit card.  As long as the PayPal account is verified, Linden Lab will accept it.  The only real problem is that if you don't have a cash balance in your PayPal account, or if that account isn't backed by a credit card, Linden Lab will reject your transactions.  They require instant transferability, which you won't have with a bank account or a debit card.  So .... yes, once you have that PayPal account set up and verified, Linden Lab will let you use it here as long as it has cash in it.

Actually you can use a debit card or bank account to verify your account, IF you bank transfers the money immediately when they receive the request from PayPal.  I have a verified account that is backed by a special checking account I use for online payments either though a direct draft or debit card.  When I want to buy something I just transfer the money from my regular checking account to the special account and make the purchase.  So, even if someone tried to get money from it, the bank will turn them down since no money will be in it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.