I think I messed up...

Syo Emerald

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2804 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just tried to set up some items up on the MP and obivously wanted to add a picture to the listing. After many failed attempts (in which the MP claimed the picture was bigger than 1MB, which it wasn't), I finally seemed to have sucess...only to be left with a loading total blank page for minutes. After I waited and nothing happened, I closed the browser tab to try again.

But now the MP hates me. Whenever I log into the MP the page turns to "So sorry to keep you waiting. We'll be right back!"

Which is, as I know, the usually standart message for some MP failure.

What can I do now? I sure as hell want to sell my items, but more importantly I want my MP acess back and not run into that error again. Any advice what I can do now?

3 answers to this question

Syo Emerald wrote:

I just tried to set up some items up on the MP and obivously wanted to add a picture to the listing. After many failed attempts (in which the MP claimed the picture was bigger than 1MB, which it wasn't), I finally seemed to have sucess...only to be left with a loading total blank page for minutes. After I waited and nothing happened, I closed the browser tab to try again.

But now the MP hates me. Whenever I log into the MP the page turns to "So sorry to keep you waiting. We'll be right back!"

Which is, as I know, the usually standart message for some MP failure.

What can I do now? I sure as hell want to sell my items, but more importantly I want my MP acess back and not run into that error again. Any advice what I can do now?

Right now there appear to be general and widespread Marketplace issues - you can only wait it out. It's not specific to your account.

• Like 2

I don't know any magic for that one, Syo. It sounds as if the original error had something to do with the image file size, or its perceived file size.  If that error was never resolved, the software may be stuck in a loop somewhere, unable to complete the process and unable to let you log back in (now that you have left).  All I can offer is the usual advice to submit a support case with the general category "Marketplace Issue", and hope that Linden Lab can sort it out.  I suspect that their solution will be simply to dump you out of the process that you're in.  Before you try again, double check your image file to be sure that it's in an acceptable format and within reasonable size limits. (Also, because some software is incredibly stupid about such things, be sure that the file name doesn't contain anything that it might think is a "special character", like an umlaut.)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2804 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.