Mainland Tier sizes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm a little confused about the max land size allowed per Mainland tier.

I'm thinking of gettting a 2048 sq meter parcel which is $15/month. However does this tier kick in only after I exceed the 2048 sq m? Like if I went to 2049 or more?

I have Premium so I was thinking that 2048 sq m. minus the bonsu 512 sq. m. puts me well below the 2048 threshold....so I would only be paying $8 / month and not $15?

Or am I not reading this correctly? Does the $8 / month only apply to parcels of sizes between 1025 to 1536 sq. meters?

Thanks in advance.

Kether Farshore wrote:

I'm a little confused about the max land size allowed per Mainland tier.

I'm thinking of gettting a 2048 sq meter parcel which is $15/month. However does this tier kick in only after I exceed the 2048 sq m? Like if I went to 2049 or more?

no the 2048 kicks in the moment you go over 1024, when going over 2048 you are in 4096 level.

I have Premium so I was thinking that 2048 sq m. minus the bonsu 512 sq. m. puts me well below the 2048 threshold....so I would only be paying $8 / month and not $15?

you can own up to 1536 sqm for the 8 dollar tier level ( this is including your 512 from the premium)l, 1537 will put you in the 2048

Or am I not reading this correctly? Does the $8 / month only apply to parcels of sizes between 1025 to 1536 sq. meters?

all tier levels you see are exclusive your 512 sqm that are included in your premium.

basicly

512 (+512) = 5 dollar

1024 (+512) = 8 dollar

2048 (+512) = 15 dollar ....and so on...

as soon you go over the max amount you will make a full step in tier level. This is not refundable, and counts for a whole billingcycle, even when you owned it only one minute.

To make it a little more confusing... if you create a group, and let a alt join to keep the group alive, you are allowed to hold 10% more land for the same tier level...

you can calculate your expected tier level pretty easy in your landmanager/land use fees

Thanks so much Alwin..that explains it a lot better! I'm not sure if I want  to pay $15/month for tier but $8/mo is do-able for me. I've been looking at land auctions so you inadvertenly answered another question..whether I should abandon my bonus linden home land right before an auction ends to avoid increase in tier.

Some related questions:

1. if I purchase 1024 parcel and a 512 parcel in the same sim, I can combine the prims into one place, correct?

2. Dumb question, but how do I know where one sim stops and another sim starts?

3. I was thinking of doing the group thing to buy. However, you need to buy the land from the group menu BEFORE the actual purchase? Meaning you can't deed land to the group after you've purchased it to gain the bonus. Is there a way for a group to bid on auction land?

Thanks

Thanks again Alwin,

The reason for auctions is that I want to get Mainland waterfront or water (that i can create an artificial beach on) parcel. Sailable or access to the linden seas would be good too.

All the ones for sale that I see are selling at astronomical prices like 30,000L or more. I figure an auction would get me waterfront land cheaper than those sell prices.

Maybe that is a long shot, but I figure I might as well try.

i'm not sure you will get waterfront cheaper on auctions... everybody is after that, and thats why it's so expensive.

You are premium... so i understand you look at the mainland... but think about looking at estate rentals too... those don't have the high prices to buy for waterfront, and the rent is nearly the same as any other parcel...

Yeah I actually was bidding on a sailable waterfront parcel last week..it got snatched by a real estate company at the last minute. Then the company turned it around and put it up for sale at 3X the auction sale price. I was extremely disappointed.

Yes, I figured to take advantage of premium for mainland purchases cause of the bonus tier. I've rented from private estates before and I kind of like the idea of having more control and freedom to do what I want with my land hence the mainland this time around.

Alwin Alcott wrote:

Kether Farshore wrote:

2. Dumb question, but how do I know where one sim stops and another sim starts?

at top of you screen you can see sim name /coordinates/parcel name and you can see also names on the map, a sim is the square you'r standing in.

i just add to what Alwin said

goto menu: World \ Show, and enable Boundary Lines. Will show the parcel boundaries, in red or green single lines. Sim boundaries are double red lines

Kether Farshore wrote:

Yeah I actually was bidding on a sailable waterfront parcel last week..it got snatched by a real estate company at the last minute. Then the company turned it around and put it up for sale at 3X the auction sale price. I was extremely disappointed. 

the auctions for these sought-after kinds of parcels always go like this. Some real estate agents monitor the auctions constantly. See what interest is in what. When they see bidding which indicates strong interest in a parcel then they swoop in the last seconds before the auction closes. as you witnessed

if are wanting to buy at auction a sought-after parcel then dont bid on it at all. Dont show your interest. Work out what is your best price then place the bid in the last few seconds yourself. You might not get it bc somebody else is doing the same thing at a higher price, but gives you the best chance to win the auction  

Thank you Wherongani for that tip. That is exactly what I was planning. Just requires a bit of timing.

I like that method because it lets me decide, ahead of time, the maximum that I'm willing to pay. If I am outbid, then so be it cause I'm need to stick to my budget/limit and not go crazy with bid after bid.

I think ocean front is over rated and usually way overpriced, When i buy mainland i always buy road frontage. I gave up a 1/8 sim on an estate and downsized to a 2560 (2048 tier level plus my free 512) on a LL road. 

I love it, i don't have to buy Linen dollars every week, its just a 15 dollar monthly charge on my credit card.

Instead of being on an isolated, stand alone island, I now have a whole continent i can explore just by walking out my front door, and can even hop on one of those automated hover cars that go along in front of my home.

Plus, no one can complain about the big ugly remodelled factory i live in.

:)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.