Doubts about catwa head

gensaku

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, after trying many demos, I'm finally going to buy a matreya lara body and catwa Jessica head. But I still have some doubts I need help before buying it.

Are the head appliers only for make up, or they change your expression? Since the skin is hidden with the head, is it needed to have a "face" applier, or can I use only the head and hud as a starter?

Do I need to use only that shape that came with the head? MY shape is way bigger than that, and I'm not really into small shapes. In the demo I reduced my head to make it similar to that shape, and I think it looks ok. But I'm not good at it, and I'm afraid it'll get weird.

Also, where can I get eyes for Jessica Head? Can you name me some good stores for that?

Sorry for so many questions, I've not been here for a while and all this mesh stuff is new to me.

shortly said, the head works the same as a mesh body, you need a skin applier, preferably the same brand /tone as your body.

Make up layers are different than the skin layer.

Some mesh heads have their own eyes, for others you need to use eyes you have bought. There are so many brands/stores for eyes, i'm sure you can find a lot yourself on MP or in search.

Head appliers will generally put a different skin on the face, and at least in the case of Pink Fuel comes with various make up options.

http://pinkfuel.tumblr.com/post/132186816409/catwa-mesh-head-appliers-now-available-in-store

I think the shape and size of the Catwa head can be changed in your shape with the Head size (and Head Length options?)

Try out the demos and see is the best way to tell.

I think the head makers recommend buying eyes from Ikon's in world store, but any mesh eyes would do.

Appliers will not change the expression, although subtle details such as eyebrows or the way the mouth is textured may give a slightly different "attitude" to the overall look. An applier is still just an applier, though, and won't affect the overall expression. 

You'll need a skin applier, as well as make-up appliers. If I recall correctly, CatWa supports both; but I may be wrong about that. Some skin appliers may include make-up, others won't, or you may want more variety. To make the head match the body, though, you'll need a skin that sells appliers for both the Maitreya body AND the CatWa head. 

One major thing with mesh heads, and one main reason I don't use one habitually, is that they're not nearly as customizable as mesh bodies because they DON'T work with the shape sliders. Other than perhaps size, length, maybe one or two other minor details, you can't change the features; therefore, the shape underneath doesn't affect the face, so you can wear your regular shape. You may or may not want to play around with head size to make everything look proportional, but that's up to you. You DON'T have to use their included shape.

Eyes, I can't help with, but they should be fairly easy to find.

Catwa heads are a bit different than many of the other mainstream mesh heads in that you can buy the BASIC head (which I think are $900) and then you can buy -- if you choose huds that let you change expressions and such. So be sure and try both to see what you want.

Also my alt is a big gal and she had some issues with getting heads to look large enough for her body. Again TRY things out together.

Spend some time with the head, your Maitreya body and some APPLIER demos to find just the look you want. You can only make minor changes to the heads so far as shape goes, but the skin appliers definitely can change the look of heads (I have a Lelutka, not a Catwa but I did try the Catwa).  The big plus of Catwa other than the low basic head price if that works for you is that LOTS of skin makers have the Catwa appliers where the other heads seem to have less (the Catwa applier system was free for designers at one time and may still be -- other head applier systems are more difficult for designers to get. At least that is what I have heard :D.

And so far as eyes go, most should work. I used my older Mayfly eyes and they worked great in my Lelutka head. You will likely need to READJUST THEM though for the shape of the head.

• 1 year later...
On 25/07/2016 at 6:40 PM, gensaku said:

Do I need to use only that shape that came with the head? MY shape is way bigger than that, and I'm not really into small shapes. In the demo I reduced my head to make it similar to that shape, and I think it looks ok. But I'm not good at it, and I'm afraid it'll get weird.

No.

Even if your mesh head was a bento mesh head you would not need to use the shape that comes with it. Wear a modifiable shape and go into Edit Appearance to adjust the sliders to your likings.

On 25/07/2016 at 6:40 PM, gensaku said:

Also, where can I get eyes for Jessica Head? Can you name me some good stores for that?

Any mesh eyes can fit in. Edit and align the eyes if required.

Personally I like Buzzeri eyes, they usually come with a Delete Script option which is very cool to lower lag issues.

25 minutes ago, JohnnyCanada said:

no wonder everyone with a catwa head looks the same you can't modify use head sliders, only shapes and skins.

Only true for the old rigged mesh heads (1st LOGO heads mostly). The fitmesh heads support some modifications with the Appearance sliders (size, stretch, length). I've the Catwa Amy with a stretch of 20 and I really do not look like the default Amy head.

4 hours ago, JohnnyCanada said:

no wonder everyone with a catwa head looks the same you can't modify use head sliders, only shapes and skins.

Gosh, you're absolutely right. I've been walking around as a clone of everyone else wearing a Catwa head, for months! :o

I mean, look! I own three Catwa heads, and I look exactly the same in each one. What a waste of my hard-earned money!

catwa_comp.jpg.313d793ded403e6efbe225ce6890f43b.jpg

God, it's even worse when I compare different looks for the same head and shape. What a fool I've been, thinking I looked like an individual, when in reality every single look I've put together looks exactly the same as everyone else who's wearing a Catwa head. :(

daniel_comp.thumb.jpg.ccccf38fe92bc00d6336fd22e2171d53.jpg

*sighs heavily and mopes off to drown his sorrows*

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

I'm falling fast into a large alcoholic drink. All that money down the drain, just to look like a clone... *sigh*

*shakes Skell's martini* wut?? 007 reference, get those minds out of the gutter!

on topic, I doubted I could save up enough for a Catwa head with all those gachas whispering in my ear let alone 3! Two of those are pre-bento and I didn't look like anyone else then either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

*shakes Skell's martini* wut?? 007 reference, get those minds out of the gutter!

on topic, I doubted I could save up enough for a Catwa head with all those gachas whispering in my ear let alone 3! Two of those are pre-bento and I didn't look like anyone else then either.

hehehe that´s the ringtone for when my bf texts me ^^

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.