Thanks for the new "reply" feature!

valerie Inshan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Pep wrote:

@Val: Where is this to be found?

Pep (may be hobbled by limited functionality posting through a proxy.)

Hi Pep, look at the green line just above my reply : "Reply to valerie Inshan - view message"

It seems LL has brought back this automatic feature from the old forums. I find it really practical to finally know who's answering to who.

I too will add my own (purely verbal) Kudos for adding this feature. Of course, I hope LL realizes that they have now proven that posting suggestions, desires, and feature requests on the Forums is an effective means of "getting things done". Thus they have cast open Pandora's Box .. and will NEVER be free of whining, pleading, harassing posts now. (Such as those I am prone to post .. LOL)

PS: Of course the fallacy in my argument may be that the only department within LL that listens to us here .. is the team responsible for maintaining "here".

valerie Inshan wrote:

Now we can answer without quoting, this is cool! :smileyhappy:

Harumph .. about time. Shoulda been there in the first place. And I hope ppl will quote better ( not just bluntly reply including the complete previous post) since this reference makes referring to a complete post obsolete.  :smileymad:

Grhmbl .. Harumph .. ok .. :smileyindifferent:

(well done

PS will deny this previous compliment when asked about it)

Nice... now can have a fix for other nuisance? there should be a reply to Original author at the BOTTOM of the page.... you know, that place you're at when you finish reading the thread? rather than needing to scroll back to the top to reply (as I just did)

Wilhiam Hydraconis wrote:

Duh, George .. you need to click 'view message' to see the message which is being replied to ..
;)

My bad, I still haven't had enough coffee for the day and catching up on work at the same time as I catch up on the forum. I was thinking it was a "reply to"-like feature with automatic quote like there are on some forum software.

Void Singer wrote:

Nice... now can have a fix for other nuisance? there should be a reply to Original author at the BOTTOM of the page.... you know, that place you're at when you finish reading the thread? rather than needing to scroll back to the top to reply (as I just did)

I posted this idea on the Lithium boards and I didn't get a single vote. :(

Maybe if you head over there and vote on it we will get it too. After all you are smart and people listen to you.:)

Reply to Original Post on Lithium.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.