I had trouble logging in, then it told me I was logging in from multiple locations, now I can't.

Yardley Footman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2830 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was trying to log in today using the current Firestorm, and it was weird, I'd get to a state where the welcome screen was up, but my chat windows were floating too. It didn't load the world. Nothing worked. I tried hitting the login button again, and I got a message that I was detected logging in from multiple locations and that my account wouldn't be available until sometime tomorrow! What's going on?

2 answers to this question

most likely your connection isn't what it should be, try resetting your modem/router, wait a few minutes, restart it, and than restart your machine.

You also can try a 3rd party viewer , or LL viewer f you'r on a 3rd party already.

The message you get is most likely you were logged in, but your viewer didn't really connect fully, so for the servers you were there.

The message that you can't log in for a certain time, is normally only a few minutes, and i never heared it would be the day after as soonest. The time mentioned is used to log your avatar off a sim where it's not responding. That mostly needs just a few minutes.

Often when you try logging in at another region the time mentioned isn't even needed and it will work again.

If you keep having trouble, edit your post and add some more usefull infor like your syste specs.

• Like 2

Besides Alwin's answer, it's possible that someone has gotten access to your account.  The most likely scenario for this is that you recently clicked a link that someone gave you in group chat, local chat, or IM, and then logged in to a web page that looked like the Second Life login page.  If you did that, you are the victim of a "phishing" scam.

If you suspect this, immediately follow the instructions at this link: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Password-and-account-information/ta-p/700017#Section_.5 (What to do if your account has been compromised)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2830 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.