Unable to buy Lindens?

VinnyForgotten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

We are unable to complete your request.

• You can't exchange currency.
  • The system encountered an error while processing your order, please try again.

It gives me this warning every time I try to buy Lindens, and I have my approved Vise Debit Card and everything. Will someone tell me how to fix this?

14 answers to this question

You could try calling Billing..

Billing support phone numbers

Toll-Free (US/Canada) 800.294.1067

Long-Distance 703.286.6277

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Local Toll-Free numbers
  • France: 0805.101.490
  • Germany: 0800.664.5510
  • Japan: 0066.33.132.830
  • Portugal: 800.814.450
  • Spain: 800.300.560
  • UK: 0800.048.4646
  • Support is in English Only
  • Like 1

same same for me, seems to be a problem with LL not with us. would be sad to loose my land because of this. i had problems with getting lindens twice before. both times it helped to re-enter the credit card data new. i will try, but tho there is a new screen comin up with a loading-animation i believe there is anythign going wrong at the lab.

I am getting the same error in Phoenix, Imprudence and online. The message in the viewers is "Cannot purchase in this viewer version". Online it is simply "cannot complete transaction at this time. Very bad timing as we all have monthly payments to make of one kind or the other.

This week I was helping a friend on this issue. The way we fix it, but I am not sure it will work to anyone.

She went to Account >> Account summary >> Billing information >> Payment method, and deleted all info there (button Delete)

Than, she put an order to buy L$. As she didn't have any payment info any more, was redirected to a form to enter it. Filled the form with the requested info and the transaction was completed. (it was last sunday)

Another way that can work, and we didn't try, is to send money - Linden Exchange >> Manage >> Increase credit - and use this money to buy L$ (minimum US$ 25)
____

[Edit to add] - please, be carefull when trying any of my suggestions. I haven't test any for myself.

hi im user bendo6667 and im having trouble buying linden dollars,ive use my paypal account several time's for this with no hassel, now its not letting me and my funding sourses are up to date and varified, please help as i want to buy lindens, or give me a way i can just go through mastercard?

I'm having the same problem, and I agree that SL billing customer service is USELESS. I called twice and I followed all of their suggestions with no resolution. They should have offered to research the issue, replicate the problem, but they did not.

On Sunday when trying to buy L$, both inworld and at secondlife.com my payment was declined. I tried a second card on file and it also declined payment. Deleted the cards and have been unable to add any others, and I get the errors listed below. My credit card company is NOT declining them on their end. In fact, a $1 pending payment is visible. This disappers after a couple of days.

I had tier due and was unable to purchase L$ to pay it. But I'm lucky because I can pay the landowner directly with PayPal.

I've kind of had it with SL.

Ok folks, after reading through many of the notices and having this same experience I tried out something and it worked. I deleted all my payment info, though I honestly do not think that was the problem. What I am thinking was the issue is that there is a new setting on the Account page that has you select what things you will use the card payments for. My guess is that all you have to do is make a selection and you should be good to go. I did redo my card info and make my selection of types of purchases to be allowed.(purchases through viewer) I just logged in and buying $Lindens went right through!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.