Music from dancers cuts out?

Sally Hurricane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that you "wear a dancer", but sounds can cut out for many reasons.  Streamed music, such as the music you usually hear in a SL club, can cut out any time that your available bandwidth is momentarily too low.  That can happen sometimes if you have other programs competing for bandwidth.  Your viewer, itself, can compete with the stream if you are in a busy region, where the servers are trying to push a lot of data to your computer at once.  You can't "fix" it easily except by dancing in regions that aren;t quite so busy, or maybe by investing in a more capable computer.

If you are talking about music that comes with your dance device, or in a gesture, sound clips are limited to 10 seconds maximum length.  They can be looped, or a script can be written to play several in sequence, but smooth playback is impossible, really.

Use the music stream provided by the club, or on the land where you are.

next to the good answers you got already i would recommend it shorter...

do not wear those horrible devices, it's annoying, irritating, insulting .... and lots more i won't even write down here.... for evey other user around you.

You force everbody to listen to ..often crappy and deadly boring ... tunes, that only a handfull friends around you will like..

You will end on a lot of mute/block and derender lists if you use it.

And if you use it in privat places.... ban and ejection is common use.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.