Bento Progress?

3DMetamorphosis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, 

I've been reading about project Bento and using it here an there on beta grid. However I'm curious when Bento will be released to the main grid? I've been looking for news on it and maybe I'm just not looking in the right place. If anyone could update me on progress I'd really appreciate it. 

The two main sources for news on Project Bento are Inara Pey's blog and my blog.

Inara's most recent artile is here: SL Projects Update.

My series of articles is here: Nal on Project Bento.

As for a release date... expect 3 to 6 months. But, it could be longer. The Lindens design the project and then let SL developers play with it. The feedback then generates changes. The changes are implemented and a new version of the project is provided to the designers. Wash, rinse, repeat. We think we are nearing the end of the process.

The Lindens think the current skeleton is the final version. While it is possible that it will change once more, that is unlikely. Current problems are in the realm of how sliders work for shape. It was mostly non-Linden programers that got the sliders working with the new bones.

I have a number of videos in my articles made by a designer showing what he was working on and how to get animation, shape, and viewer sliders all working.

Thanks Nalates! I'll keep track of the news here from now on. I can't wait to finally have these bones available to rig faces etc. I use to use the old method that is still used with adding a few more bones and naming them after attachment bones. This will save me a lot of time and frustration! lol

Vir is hoping we can get Bento into the Release Candidate sometime in August.

Once Bento is in the Release Candidate viewer 3rd party viewers like Firestorm and Singularity will be allowed to put it in their viewers so Bento will be much more widely accessible very soon.  At least that is my understanding.

It may take several more months for the final bugs to be worked out in the Release Candidate before it becomes the main viewer for LL.

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.