Need help with avatar physics

Mystic Brodsky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have my physics set pretty much how i want them yet when standing still no ao no animation playing my breast look like they try to jump off:( I have tried differnt settings with no help to this prob Sorry if this subject has been covered im to lazy to look for it :(

I have never seen an avatar with physics that look natural, to me. I tried using it and thought I had it set for very small amount of movement. Then at a dance I got an IM telling me my breasts were knocking people off the dance floor, exaggeration but I got the idea. I don't know, but I suspect region settings can effect the physics, (anyone?) at least it appeared that way when I was using it.
I have seen physics for sale, try purchasing and see if that works any better, you may just need better settings.

is a number of things that make it difficult

the main culprit is FPS. When you see the boing boing, is bc the screen FPS is running slower than the physics FPS.  [Not all the time, just sometimes depending on what else is happening]  Like physics goes: move to points A, B C B A. Screen is running slower so only paints A C A. It doesnt paint the intermediate point B. So boing boing

a way to ameliorate this is to slow the breast physics down. By adding Mass in Advanced Parameters, apply lots of Damping, and make the Gain higher than the Spring

+

i am Standard Sizing S avatar. I also have a 660GTX graphics card

what I worked out for me is:

Advanced Parameters: Breast Mass: 50.  Gravity and Drag: 0

Breast Bounce, Breast Cleavage and Breast Sway: Spring: 50. Gain: 60. Damping: 80

then set the Max Effects of Bounce, Cleavage and Sway as you prefer. I have mine: Bounce: 20. Cleavage: 10 and Sway: 5

you will  notice how the breasts will not appear to boing boing as much. They are heavier so move slower (Mass) and they settle faster (Gain is higher than Spring) and the high Damping shortens the time they are moving 

is still some boing boing when changing animations but is nothing much can be done about that, which I can work out

eta: [not all the time ...]

Unfortunately this is a design flaw with avatar physics & you can't really do much about it.

How you see you own and others avatar physics is extremely dependant on your current viewer FPS. Very low or very high FPS tend to make the avatar physics bug out in a big way - the boobs will either be static with no visible bounce. often stuck out at a weird angle, or they will be flopping about like jelly on a plate.

Even if you get your physics settings as you like them on your screen, others will likely still see your boobs bugging out because they have a different FPS to yourself.

Details of why this is a problem are in these JIRA issues: http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-12386

& https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-25545

The sweet spots FPS wise seem to be either 30 or 60 FPS.  The further your FPS deviates from those readings, the more the avatar physics will bug out.

A low or choppy frames per second is what falsely tells your physics that there's movement when there's not, but there are a few physics settings that can make that become a problem if they're not set correctly. The main culprit is having gain set too high. Gain is the percent of all movements that you want to be maximum movements. If you have one directions gain set to say 70, that means that 70% of ALL movements in that direction will be maximum ones, leaving only 30% for all of the smaller motions triggered in between 0 and 99. They become jumpy and overreact, and it's usually this setting that causes the uncontrolled boob flap that looks like you're trying to take flight. Gravity is not just down pull, but also acts as a dampener for when the smaller motions kick in on the low side. Raising this can make things less twitchy and help minimize the false motions triggered by low FPS. Dampening is basically how rigid your parts are. A low setting will give you water boobs that flop or swing forever, and a high setting will make them very firm and only move once or twice and then stop. Mass affects every other setting and so getting this one set correctly is important. The lower this is set the faster and more reactive that part will become. If it's too low it's very easy to have a low or choppy frame rate cause issues. Mass is weight, and the lower it is the easier it is to have things set in motion by little things, including the fake nudges that a low FPS can give.

• 3 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.