still haveing problems with apparance and inventory, help ?

Paige Tsuyoi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

okay i did the replace outfit i worked kindof for me but some stuff in my inventory say failed to find "the name of the subject" in the database, and the character test dose nothing not a single thing, ive cleared coache and all that stuff nothing seems to work.  i mean i can see what i have only but to other people playing sl see me naked all that they can see is prims on me, like hair, eyes, skin, and skirts.  they cant see shirts or pants cant see textures on me basicaly. i do not understand how i can see myself and to other people cant see the same thing and how my stuff in my inventory are failing to find in the database. any help would be great.

4 answers to this question

Paige I noticed you say you are using Phoenix viewer. And also have other viewers installed.

Do you have a different cache folder set up for your viewers? If Not I really really recommend doing so to help keep from having inventory issues..

You could also try manually deleting your cache. Open your Prefs in Phoenix and go to network and folders and navigate to your cache folder.  Or Just Just create a new folder in your documents folder and direct your cache to the new folder and restart your viewer.

If you are using a wireless router. Also try unplugging it and plugging it back in to reset it.. This helps sometimes.

Uninstall all viewers from your computer and delete the cache file (called Second Life unless you renamed it something else).  If you keep chat logs, move them to another folder before deleting the cache files.

Install one viewer.

Log in to a quiet sim (like Haddon) and wait for your inventory to completely reload.  Once it has reloaded, log off.

Relog at your home location.

Now, if you still cannot rez, try the contents of the folder that you have to 'replace all' on your avatar.  Once you have rezzed, you can rebuild your avatar's look.

While you can have more than one viewer on your computer, it is very important that they sit in separate folders, including their cache files.  Good luck!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.