Animation- worthy SL skeleton for 3ds Max?

DerpWolf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2813 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not plan to use avastar in the nearest future. Especially considering that everything except animation is possible to make with Blender native tools.

The Blender bones system handles bone rotations in a different way than most of 3d software. I know how to rebuild Blender armature  to make it properly represent original bone rotations (did it for other virtual worlds), but to do that, I need an original SL skeleton. I'll check  the  SL skeleton pack once more. Though there is none in 3ds Max format, and I'm not sure if the ones that come in *.fbx and *.dae format do have correct rotations. Since the skeletons from official pack were released with the sole purpose of making mesh clothing, not animations. Rotations arent important for exporting weighted meshes, only bone names and hierarchy.

If you are going to go to the trouble to make your own avatar skeleton, you should make it Bento compatible. Otherwise in 3 to 6 months you will have to do it over to be compatible with the new avatar.

The Bento Skeleton as it is configured today is in the Wiki. There are files there for Blender and Maya.

There is the skeleton layout in an XML built into the viewer. Use the Bento Project Viewer to get the latest XML file.

You may want to attend the Project Bento UG on Thrusdays. See User Group schedules in the Wiki.

See: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB4WLXGM10aLOxbw01-e5LQ

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2813 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.