beard color ?

Honua

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Another Noob question...

How do I change my beard color to match the hair on my head? I can change the beard style in "edit facial hair", but I can't find a place to change it's color. Consequently, it looks kind of pink. :-P

12 answers to this question

Is it a beard that is part of your skin or one made from the system hair that grows out of your face?

If it is part of the skin then you cannot change the colour.

If it is system hair, go to edit appearance > hair > facial hair and you should have settings for both colour and style as well as one for eyebrows.

It is system hair.

When I go to "edit appearance > hair > facial hair", I can change the beard's appearance, but not the color.
When I go to "edit appearance > hair > color", I can only change the color of the hair on my head.. not the color of the beard. :-(

I am using the most current viewer.

Well the reason I suggest it is because the system hair works by changing the shape or you face and adding a texture to it, as you have probably seen from your tests its not the most realistic looking beard. A tattoo layer is similar to a layer of clothing like a shirt or undershirt except that it is mostly transparant except (in your case) it would have parts that cover the skin on yoru face with whatever shape or size of beard you choose - I sent you a few LMs and pics so you can get the idea.

A prim beard is an attachment that you wear on your chin, like wearing prim hair on your skull would be, so it would have a more 3D effect & would probably look more real if you were going for a full bushy beard, as opposed to a goatie or something shorter like that, which would be better on a tattoo layer.

The final option, would be to get a skin with a beard already on it. Most male skins come with a variety of facial hair options from stubble to full beards and you can buy just the one you want or some guys buy a full set so they can change the skin and get the effect of the beard growing.

The benefit of the tattoo or prim beard is that if you find one you like you can wear it with whatever skin you ever buy (with a bald face) & keep your signature look.

• Like 1

All great ideas. I saw the LM last night. Thanks! Couldn't try it out because I'm still just a shimmery ghost at SL and not fully materializing. Will do so today.

Thanks for all your help PeeWee! (Insert bowing smiley here).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.