Credit card only valid when verified by PayPal?

changeling16

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2840 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Are credit cards only accepted when they verified by Paypal to buy Lindens. Until now it functioned with my credit number, but now it does not accept it anymore. I used the credit card last week even to pay a hotel in another country and it functioned, so the credit card is vaild and has not changed.

I have a Master Card. I have a premium account and paid it until now with this credit card, too. Now it does not accept that card anymore.

2 answers to this question

You have it backwards.  PayPal does not validate credit cards, but you can use a credit card or a bank account to validate your PayPal account.

Here's what's happening.  Linden Lab will only accept major credit cards.  They won't take prepaid or debit cards, because they cannot be sure there will be money on the card to pay your debt.  But PayPal will accept a debit card or a bank account as a backup means to verify the PayPal account.

This is fine, but if you use this method, you have to always be careful to have enough money actually in the PayPal account to pay your Second Life bills.  LL will not wait several days for money to transfer from your bank, to PayPal, to them.  They insist on immediate payment.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2840 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.