Can i put working script in my magic box?

Gisele Oller

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I need to deliver my items from my vendors network but i need to use only one prim for all servers.

My Question:

Can i put in my magic box one or more script for deliver my items from my vendors network? ( no interact with the original magic box scripts)

I have a francising system for my products and my servers serves all the network

5 answers to this question

Unfortunately not, no. Scripts cannot be put in the magic box as they would interfere with the functionality. If someone were selling scripts on the Marketplace they would first have to put those scripts inside a box and then put that box withing the magic box.

If the products you are selling are your own, you'll have to put a separate boxed copy of those items within the magic box for selling on the marketplace.

I'm also not sure if you are saying that you are a franchise seller of someone else's creations? If that is the case then you shouldn't really sell the items on the marketplace anyway. Only the original creator can. If all frnachise sellers could sell on the marketplace it would result in multiple listings of the same item.

I've found that the best way to sell a script on Marketplace is to embed it in a notecard. That has the added benefit that you can include any description, instructions, or greetings in the same notecard and be sure that they will be stored together in inventory when the customer receives them. You can also include a LM to your in-world shop.

• Like 1

i'm assuming these products are your creations and you own some vendors that allow other people to affiliate your stuff, the scripts of your franchise system would interfere with those of the magic box if your planning on selling the scripts either box or note card them and put them in the magic box otherwise put these scripts in a separate prim 

It is quite possible to add a script to your magic box so that it is also the server for your vendor network, as well as the marketplace.  The great benefit is that you then only need to keep your - probably boxed - 'for sale' items in one place; the magic box.  The marketplace will interact with its own scripts in the magic box and your vendor network will interact with the additional script(s) you have added.

The only side-effect is that marketplace will offer to start selling your script for you, since it sees it the same as any other product in the box.  Just don't list it and you'll be fine.

[PS: I've only just noticed - why is this thread under 'abuse and griefing'?]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.