mind boggles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

well... Firestorm has nothing to do with MP, that is a LL thing... and LL has livechat...

Firestorm is only providing the viewer, and has a excellent support group inworld.

but that aside, it appears in several threads here that the main problems this moment are IE and Edge ... so it's perhaps a MS problem... and not at all here  :)

As long that's not really figured out a solution will not be soon...

greek Wingtips wrote:

With today advancements in Web based sites why on earth dont the two main views LL and Firestorm make a live board with known problems that people can check on, now we have MP playing up and no is saying nothing.

Most sites now even have a live chat with a human being.

Both have JIRAs, which are "known problems that people can check on."

greek Wingtips wrote:

most the time in the forum its about defending the suggestions  oh well nothing new

this sounds for me as what the ghostrider told to his mate after the warning on the radio.... "just one?... there are hundreds.."

Of course there are things than can be better, but i'm sure there's worked on, and improvements of last months showed for me that there will come more... development isn't ended.

Perhaps try see that?

From what I've read on the forum, this isn't a Marketplace problem or SL or Firestorm. It's a problem with two specific browsers. MP is working fine for those of us who aren't using those browsers. If Marketplace was down, it would be on the status page, right?

We have the grid status page for updates from SL, the jira system for long term issues, inworld groups for a quick check to see if others are having similar problems or have heard something about it, and the forums for more detailed information and discussion and the archives. All in all, I don't see any real need for a second status page or even an expanded live chat that's available for everything and spends most of its time helping new residents figure out why their Slink shoes don't fit their default feet.

As for the forums themselves, I've joined in with posting here in hopes of giving something back in thanks for the kind and generous help I've received while learning how to create mesh. Following these conversations often means watching the asker make out like it's everyone else's problem when the bulk of those replying disagree with what they want. It gets tiring.

I don't agree with your complaints. No one else who's posted does either. Maybe that says something about your premise.

Yes, I assume its a browser problem too, because I never had any problems with the marketplace. But people never even consider the piece of software causing problems could be at least partly on their side, so they never state what they use. But thats nothing new, now that I think about it, people in the answer forum also never state what hardware they use, when they encounter a technical issue.

greek Wingtips wrote:

Its seems without  doubt that nobody would think live chat helps, most the time in the forum its about defending the suggestions  oh well nothing new

Maybe that's because the forum is overrun with incredibly stupid users testing the patience of everybody for the 400th time. You can usually identify them as they start sentences with "With todays technology" or "With today advancements in Web based sites why on earth "

(insert nonsensical idea)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.