Can' t log in after a update of my NVIDIA graphic Card , win 10What can i do!?

Anastasia Lexico

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2845 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Can' t log in after a update of my NVIDIA graphic Card , win 10!What can i do!? I tried to open the viewer, but a 'error'-messege shows up. The messege says: This viewer... is unable to run because your video card drivers did not install properly, are out of date, or are for unsupported hardware. Please make sure you have the latest video card drivers and even if you do have the latest, try reinstalling them. If you continue to receive this message, contact the Second Life Support Portal. I uninstall and install again different Viewers but no one works :( Please helP!

4 answers to this question

If you are using a computer with a Intel series 2000 graphics chip, there is no driver for Windows 10 that will support the 3D OpenGL graphics that SL uses.  Intel does not provide a suitable Win 10 driver.  The only way to run SL, then, is to reinstall your previous operating system.

You haven't given us enough information to say with any certainly what the problem is. The error message is presented for a couple of different scenarios.

The easy place to get the information we need is from the viewer. If it will launch, don't log in. Just open HELP->ABOUT... and copy that info to your post with your question. You can add it to your post using OPTIONS in the upper right, which has EDIT in the drop down.

If you are  on a laptop... make sure the nVIDIA control panel has a setup/profile for your viewer. http://blog.nalates.net/2016/06/05/nvidia-settings-2016/ and is set for PERFORMANCE. Otherwise the laptop may revert to using the Intel HD graphics in the CPU.

Even if you are on a desktop, it is wise to have a SL profile in the nVidia control panel.

You can roll back your computer to a previous state if you had System Restore enabled. Google to see how to do a roll back to a previous state.

If you didn't have the system restore feature enabled, enable it. Then go get the previous driver version from your video card maker or nVidia. Try the card maker first.

Anastasia Lexico wrote:

[ ... ]
I uninstall and install again different Viewers but no one works 
:(
Please helP!

I just finally noticed this sentence in your note.  It's not the viewer that you need to reinstall.  It's the drivers for your NVidia graphics card.  See http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx  NVidia just released a driver update last week.  If you haven't updated since then, your drivers probably are outdated.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2845 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.