Can I Un-rig mesh?

Artorius Constantine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2845 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you have a mesh item... just rez it in-world like you would anything else. Drag it from inventory to the floor. You can link it to a mannequin just as you would any prim.

How it is going to fit the mannequin is unpredictable. If the mannequin NPC is a bot, then it will be using a shape and have a sleleton. So, the item will fit is like it w ould any avatar.

Well yes that will work if there requirement is to have the mannequin demo it in T pose (or maybe A pose) but it won't work for a more naturally posed avatar because a rigged item will not have the vertices influenced by an armature, unless it's worn on an avatar.

Great idea,

I'll contact the creator as well as trying it on my mesh model as is. I'm pretty sure they will go for it as my usage is going to be really fun.

I rezzed a rigged mesh clothing item once and it was miniature and mega LI. I thought un-rigging may lower the LI. I may have to spring for blender some day huh?

I have a bot that will wear layer clothing, I bet I can rig a skeleton in it, hmmmm. Gonna run with that idea for now.

Awesome thx!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2845 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.