Firestorm stops working.

XBumbleBeaX

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2840 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

After about five or ten minutes of gameplay it gives me the message and I close out the viewer. It has happened multiple times since yesterday and hasn't done it since. I'm running the most current version so me using an older version can be immediately ruled out. Is it possibly my GPU because that's been giving me issues lately. But if anyone thinks it is a viewer issue please let me know and if you can recommend a good mesh viewer that would be greatly appreciated. Here is the report from event viewer in microsoft Win 7 Pro

Faulting application name: Firestorm-Release.exe, version: 4.7.7.48706, time stamp: 0x56d9f260
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00e00000
Faulting process id: 0xd90
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1d9656ff11a9c
Faulting application path: D:\Firestorm\Firestorm-Release\Firestorm-Release.exe
Faulting module path: unknown

Any info is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

3 answers to this question

Most likely your PC Registry is in a very corrupted state. You really can't fix this.

http://compfreakstars.blogspot.com/2011/11/0xc0000005-error-every-day-many.html

It the folks at the FireStorm Wiki don't have a solution for you then...

Today may be a nice day to install a clean version of your current OS. It it is Windows 7 or Windows 8 and your PC is new enough, take to all the way to Windows 10 and start there while the upgrade is still free..

You can look in the SecondLife.log file to see if it gives you any clue as to what the problem may be.

That this happens 5-10 minutes after starting SL suggests a possible heat problem. Get something like Open Hardware Monitor to check your temps. Temps in the 50C are decent. 60"s livable. 70's are hot and anything greater is definitely a problem.

Windows has some AI error correcting features. So, before spending a day reinstalling Windows, keep playing ans see if the problem reoccurs.

Before I would spend a day reinstalling everything, I would make sure that effort is actually going to fix the problem. To know that I have to chase down the problem. So... start with the SL log.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2840 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.