Is there a way to load SL ?

MelisandeHarper

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Avoid wifi if at all possible.  Many SL residents have no trouble at all with it, but Linden Lab neither recommends nor supports wireless or satellite Internet connections.  Use a direct cable or DSL connection instead.

Try doing a clean re-install of your viewer, instructions here >>> https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231 .  If that does not solve your problem, please submit a support case. (Click the Help link atg the top of this page and then Contact Support.)  Explain exactly what you have tried, and tell what kind of computer and operating system you are using.

• Like 1

Often such problems are network or server related. This means if you wait, the problem will self correct.

You may do a clean reinstall. That may help or not. But, it is very likely that the time you spend backing up, cleaning thngs up, and reinstalling may be the time needed for the network or servers to recover from whatever problem they had.

So, a good process is to restart the computer and gateway/router. Retry your login.

On fail, check the Grid Status. If nothing is showing in Status, try logging into a different region, say Furball, Pooley, Fishergate... I have region names in my favorites that I try when I can't login to my home.

If these steps fail... Bounce into the forum and ask if there are problems. Kill an hour or two and then try again.

While you wait you can test your connection to the SL servers: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

Only after a couple of hours do you want to consider things like a clean install. Don't trash a computer that is working well because your login-target-region is down.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.