Second Life Crash Upon Launch

AvianMaster1111

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi! I recently have decided to check my Second Life after about a week or 2 of not being on. I try to launch it but every single time I try, an error pops up saying "Second Life Has Stopped Working. A problem has caused the program to stop working. Please close the program." :smileyfrustrated: don't even get to login. :manmad: It's as if no matter what I do, I can't get this to work. I've tried restarting my laptop, shutting it down for a couple minutes, reinstalling, clean installation, running as administrator and setting compatability to Windows 8 (I have Windows 10 btw) and none of these things work. :smileymad: I've even temporarily disabled my antivirus... still nothing. It has worked on the same system I use now and all of a sudden, it magically no longer works. :catmad::robotfrustrated::robotmad: You've got to be kidding me. This is infuriating. And also entirely annoying. Please excuse my anger, I'm just royally annoyed at the moment. What can I do to fix this? Thank You! :smileyhappy:

2 answers to this question

there is no reason to run sl in a compabitlity mode, W10 works perfect with the viewers.

I think there's something wrong with your system... perhaps some failing hardware, or to low specs and fried parts by using sl.

But could be a lot more..

It never hurts to try a clean install of the program or use another viewer.

• Like 1

Try doing a clean re-install of your viewer, instructions here >>> https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Lif... .  If that does not solve your problem, please submit a support case. (Click the Help link atg the top of this page and then Contact Support.)  Explain exactly what you have tried, and tell what kind of computer and operating system you are using.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.