I am in need of an expert.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2839 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello I have left Second Life for some time now, I am running off of Windows 10 and for some reason I reinstalled Firestorm on today and this is the message I got. Can somebody please tell me what this is about? Maybe I am missing an application on my computer or it this Firestorm?

You might just be in need of better search strategy.

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Second-Life-Tech/Windows-10-wont-let-me-play-becuase-of-graphic-card/m-p/3038973/highlight/true#M4734

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/It-appears-that-the-Windows-10-November-update-makes-it/qaq-p/2988706

You're not missing an application, that's not what the error says. The error says that your graphics card driver isn't found or isn't compatible. Reinstall or update them - confirm you've done this - and then look at other solutions for this problem.

Also, in some instances of older laptops, it's not an upgrade of the graphics device drivers but a downgrade.

Reason being that some older hardware doesn't have newer drivers for Windows 10 and won't.  The only ones that exist are the ones from Microsoft which provide basic compatibility and don't include the more advanced driver support that SL requires.

An older Windows 8.x driver may work satisfactorily.

• 2 weeks later...

I am running on windows 10 but my desktop computer is a few years old. Are you trying to say no matter what I do firestorm will not run for me? I have tried all of the above and I haven't got anywhere with anything. I will be highly upset if I can't run the game anymore. I will need to stop.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2839 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.