the fps on my main avi is low but my alt is fine, on the same sim and with the same settings why?

heather2016

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2842 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Are you absolutely sure about those numbers? I've never ever heard of anybody achieving 200 fps in SL under any circumstance (nor can I see any point in it)  and 30-40 certainly isn't low.

That being said, if you have noticeable difference in performance, first thing to look at are the factors that are different? Are the avatars the same? A single really high ARC avatar can easily lag down the place all on its own. Are the inventories roughly the same size? If your main has a very large inventory, it'll take a long time before it's finished loading and you may have performance issues until then.

• Like 2

Are both avatars facing the same direction? Frame rate depends on the complexity of the scene being rendered. If you stand on the beach of an ocean facing mainland sim and look out over the water, your frame rate will go up. Turn back to look at the inland visual clutter and it'll drop like a stone.

• Like 2

I have never heard of 200fps anywhere in SL. 30-40 is about the normal and that is subject to a lot of variables such as render complexity, the way you are facing, how many people and so on. The servers only refresh so many times each second so a 200fps rate seems pretty hard to fathom.

It also depends on the render weights on your avatars, the more complexity there is the lower it tends to drop.

Felicia

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2842 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.