Toggle Object Rez?

oOLukeOo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2823 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have made a Hud that Rezzes an Object on touch and was trying to get it to Derez the same object when touched again, Like a Toggle Rez/Derez. 

I've been having some trouble. I was trying to use llDie but can only get it to work by clicking the actual Object to derez it not the Hud Button. Would combining llDie with llGetInventoryName Work?

Thanks so much for any Help or Advice. :)

There is no "derez".  There is only llDie.  So, you need a script in your rezzed object that will tell it to commit suicide on command.  Then you can decide whether to give the command by clicking on the object or by sending it a chat message or by whacking it with a pointy stick or by simply letting a timer run out.

I'm not sure how you are thinking that combining llDie with llGetInventoryName might work, but if you have a clever idea, try it.

• Like 1

That's what I thought :/ 

So would it be possible to put a Die script in the object and give the command by clicking the hud button? Like if the button where to send out a Chat channel message and the object hears that and dies?

I don't know what i was thinking either, No Surprise that failed too :D A lot of Trial and error.

oOLukeOo wrote:

[ .... ]

So would it be possible to put a Die script in the object and give the command by clicking the hud button? Like if the button where to send out a Chat channel message and the object hears that and dies?

[ .... ]

Certainly.  That's how I would normally do it.  Your object doesn't care how it receives the triggering signal, as long as you tell it what to expect.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2823 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.