Media URL

maxxismaven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2845 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a long bar that appears whenever my cursor touches the floor of my room.  It is labeled as MEDIA URL.  I can't seem to find anything in my preferences that refers to this bar or how I may delete it from the screen or minimize it or anything.  I find it very obstrusive and annoying.  How may I disable this function?

1 answer to this question

That's the control strip for a MOP (Media-On-a-Prim) player.

MOP is a crude function that lets you display a web page on the surface of a prim or mesh. It's too primitve to be of much use so you probably want to switch it off (uncheck "Media" in the sound mixer menu or in preferences).

But unfortunately that doesn't solve the problem with that annoying control strip. It pops up whenever your cursor is anywhere near the MOP item no matter what you do. If the media player belongs to you or is on your land, you can just delete it of course and if it's a rental, you shoud have a word with the landowners (MOP players aren't usually allowed in densely built rental areas since they're such a big nuisance factor). But if none of that works, I'm afraid the only thing to do is ask the owner nicely to delete it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2845 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.