Marketplace Reports - wish list

Sassy Dirval

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The current marketplace reports and exports are good but there is always room for improvement. If merchants have the stats to better track performance it may enforce their decisions to use things like listing enhancements.

1) "See item in second life" clicks.  At minimum, total clicks would be nice, by SLURL and product even nicer.

2) Sales trends graphs, by date range, total sales or by item - absolutely dreamy if it showed a color tint on graph for date range of item enhancement listings.

3) Removed from cart totals - by item.  So you can see bail out rates.

4) Any geographic data at all would be helpful, by country would be great - since IPs are likely logged.  It would really help with decisions on language and translations.

Also:

1. Add selection criteria for date-based stats that include Today, This Week, This Month, Select Date Range.
  2. Per product breakdowns that include Displayed in Search, Viewed from Search, Viewed from Related Items, Viewed from Store, Added to Cart, Removed from Cart, Added to Cart from Search View, Added to Cart from Related Items View, Added to Cart from Store View, Total Deliveries, Failed Deliveries ... all filtered by date criteria.

Oh fun, fun ..

The old xstreet stats would totally do, like sales per week, per item (would be much needed), etc.

I don't really care about the feature stats anymore since I haven't featured anything on the new marketplace.

IMO you don't get much for your 2,8k linden/month (like some search help - which was totally neat).

Sassy Dirval wrote:

The current marketplace reports and exports are good but there is always room for improvement. If merchants have the stats to better track performance it may enforce their decisions to use things like listing enhancements.

You think the current SLM Reporting is GOOD???  Wow I must have been looking at the wrong SL Marketplace all this time.

The SLM reporting that I have seen all this time is so far from good that its not even funny.  ITS HORRID! 

• Its only a fraction of the capability of the old Xstreet. 
  • It only has the most basic of report. 
  • The reports are still aggregating in stats since the day that SLM was put into service last summer (example... the slm report shows that my top sculpty pack has been viewed in search 208,934 times since SLM start in august - wow how helpful is that as it doesnt show trends or impacts to my changes in search parameters...).
  • It has no flexibility on changing the view or parameters of the reports.
  • no Graphs or histograms at all
  • none of the raw stats can be downloaded for additional digging by a shopper
  • It does not provide traffic reporting analysis/stats integration from services like GOOGLE ANALYTICS for merchant store/products... My Zazzle online art store and my weebly web/blog sites BOTH provide Google Analytics integration.  With LL just releasing SLM - you would think they would have provided this powerful integration.

So.... SLM has Good Reporting.... ~~cough~~

Thor -- I'm a half full kinda person.  I try to approach problems from a positive perspective and avoid the counter productive nature of toxic negativism.  Don't get hung up on "good."

Yes, it is a pain to extract some of the current numbers to Excel but the basics are there.

I have one very big wish: MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR MY CO-CREATORS TO CHECK THEIR SALES

I'm the seller in a multi creator brand. None of the people I make revenue distributions to do receive any stats about our sales. So on monthly base I'm downloading the stats to filter out the sales of my co-creators and send they by email to them, so they have a clue about what products they we have sold and to whom. 

The lack of site stats and tracking reports is, in my mind, totally inexcusable. Every product page includes Google Analytics code. They are obviously collecting and have available full stats on every page on the site.

It's the same as with Enhancements. They clearly know what is and is not working, but they refuse to share that data with those of us that have or might pay for the Enhancements.

If they just didn't have the data .. that'd be fine. But they DO have the data and they are withholding it. That is just not acceptable.

'Nuff said.

Paula001 Goldschein wrote:

Oh fun, fun ..

The old xstreet stats would totally do, like sales per week, per item (would be much needed), etc.

I don't really care about the feature stats anymore since I haven't featured anything on the new marketplace.

IMO you don't get much for your 2,8k linden/month (like some search help - which was totally neat).

Agreed - just the basic logical, useful stuff we had on SLX was awesome - number of views and sales per day/week whatever.

Those alone allow you to extrapolate all sorts of other stats, eg you can see the effectiveness of any advertising by the change on a certain day, without needing to see what link was taken, etc

Zanara Zenovka wrote:

Paula001 Goldschein wrote:

Oh fun, fun ..

Agreed - just the basic logical, useful stuff we had on SLX was awesome - number of views and sales per day/week whatever.

Those alone allow you to extrapolate all sorts of other stats, eg you can see the effectiveness of any advertising by the change on a certain day, without needing to see what link was taken, etc

Problem is that Brooke actually responded to one of my questions for once and it was on Reporting... and her answer was that LL Commerce Team has no intention to provide us any more advanced reporting on SLM.... They are lazy and all they plan to do is to dump raw data at us for us to create charts ourselves in excel or whatever we do.

If they already have Google Analytics - then that really does suck that they are not sharing OUR STORE / PRODUCT SALES with us.  At least give us the insert to the page headers so we can enable our own google analytics.

But it was said correctly in the title of this thread .... its only a WISH LIST  since they have no thoughts of improviing SLM reporting even to the old broken down xstreet level.  SLM is such a disaster when its worse than xstreet.  It was supposed to be much more flexible and powerful as Pink Linden touted to all of us... with SLM, LL would be able to do so much more....

LOL what a joke.  8 months later and the Development Team cant even create basic web reporting of sales and traffic to xstreet's level.  Pink's team sure left a legacy of an advanced code... lol

I gotta ask something that's just been bugging me something fierce.

During the initial rollout (fall flat?) of SLM, there was a rather vocal opponent of mine that touted some pretty grand sounding numbers for the Virtual Goods market. I wonder how those numbers track now considering that sales have fallen flat and the tools to make sales have been reduced to basic level web pages with no useful features or functionaliity?

It may be very promising to put a really hot, high-powered and finely tuned race engine (our hard work on graphics, listings, products, etc.) in the car (the SLM website). But if the car is equivalent to a '62 Rambler Classic with heavy iron frame and stamped metal body panels .. and the drag coefficient of an elephant .. does that engine do you any good?

Darius -- 

I must sound like some kind of SLM evangelist or plant, but I only have my own experience to comment on.  I picked up another category enhancement late yesterday -- so far I have 99 impressions, 2 clicks and one sale which covers the cost of the entire week, so anything else is gravy.  

Now granted, a 2% click rate and 50% conversion are off my norm but i imagine they level out as the week goes -- it remains profitable.  My averages for category enhancements usually average a 10-12% CTR and 20% conversion -- on adult items.

I looked at your products, and if I were your marketing manager and looking at marketing problems you have to overcome I'd be saying:

1) You are clearly playing in the SL B2B market and the Business categories are working against you -- I'd be petitioning them to add a "Business Tools" or "SIM Tools" category under the business heading before all else.

2) Complex products, such as your SEO tools, require a complex sell.  When you sell solutions you:

- State/remind the problem to the audience in a manner that creates concern, "SL SEO is borked" (some may not know it is or care why they need to fix it) "You ARE losing traffic"  "LL studies show that 80% of items in world are called "object". Are you part of the 80% not taking advantage of SEO optimization?"  etc...

- Convince them you have a solution to that problem and why it is of value to them.

- Let them know that the solution is fast, easy to install etc...

3) Build a brand around a stamp or seal of approval that says they are doing the best they can for themselves, like the McAfee logo is to virus protection, or the Trustwave logo is to secure transactions.   IMO the DG "SEO OPTIMIZED" seal would go a long way.

I know this is totally off base for the thread and the topic at hand, but I often see clients wrestling with micro-marketing issues when there are top level things they can resolve to improve sales quicker and easier.  In fact, they are my favorite clients because solving those issues makes me look like a genius when they are basics.

But now that i've beat up your brand let me say I think you have an incredible product to market.  It's a product I should be using and I'm going to get.   To that end -- I am your market and never consider this to be a problem or would have searched for a solution.

Are you running events/seminars on SEO in SL?   It seems to me these would win big.

• 2 months later...

*MASSIVE FACE PALM*

Sassy, thank you VERY much for your excellent feedback. I'm not sure why it is I didn't find it until just today (nearly three months later!!) but that's water under the bridge now. What matters is your advice is spot on, makes perfect sense to me .. and is something I am going to take to heart (and action).

Everyone needs a good "beating" like you delivered, although I'd be more likely to call your feedback "honest appraisal and advice."

Say, you wouldn't want a job, would you? The hours are long, the pay sucks, and the boss is a twit ... but we have Casual Friday every day of the week. *smile*

yes, monthly sales report is coming up and I already have a headache thinking about it. SLM isn't as bad as doing inworld sales from Transaction History where you have to take out all the Marketplace Linden sales and other crap.:smileymad::smileysad:

SLM advanced reporting (i.e. any form or reporting beyond the bare bones dump of data SLM currently offers) and more importantly the extension of the transaction reporting period beyond the HORRID 30 DAYS MAX has been asked for countless times in many ways to the LL team.  Response from Brooke's team... the common canned empty response "maybe sometime in the future".... which most of us verteran SL Merchants translates to "when hell freezes over and we are bored out of our treee - we will consider it".

Improved SLM reporting and expansion of the reporting windows is in the same bottom of the barrel LL development plans with improved SLM site traffic reporting (i.e. even something as simple as a Google Analytics Plugin to our SLM store/items).  I seriously doubt we will ever see SLM functionality improved in these areas.  LL is too busy putting in LL Teen Filters and functions/restrictions that reduce / hurt traffic or putting in little features that pretty much most of the Merchant or Customer community doesnt even care about.

I dread the end-of-month in SL because its the time to extract the SLM and InWorld transactions and transform it into my internal annual sales spreadsheet.  I dont see inworld vs SLM transaction inputs to be one worse than the other - but it sure is a pain that LL didnt at least think about making both transaction histories in the same common format of fields.

What I like about the inworld transaction history is that if I am late by a few days - I DONT MISS TRANSACTION!!  It is so so so so frustrating that SLM transaction history is limited to 30 days.

But I wont say what I want is for LL's Wishlist - I gave up on LL ever actioning any of my wishlist of Merchant Managing functions. LL doesnt care about adding SLM functionalty that helps the merchants.

Sassy Dirval wrote:

Thor -- I'm a half full kinda person.  I try to approach problems from a positive perspective and avoid the counter productive nature of toxic negativism.  Don't get hung up on "good."

Yes, it is a pain to extract some of the current numbers to Excel but the basics are there.

Your right Sassy.....

I am happy that the SLM Transaction history is only a 30 day window.   It could be worse - LL could have only given us Merchants a 7 day history or no history at all.  

And really we dont want to bother LL with more important things since the basic raw data is there in enough format that the 10s of thousands of merchants of SLM can turn this data into some useful form of historical data.

And lets not be picky by asking LL to come up with a standard of transaction history reporting between SLM and Inworld... what else would we Merchants be doing anyway.  Having to transform and ingest two formats of history from the same company should be considered fun and we should make the effort into some form of a month party.

Advanced reporting, sorting, etc.... we shouldnt be asking for this advanced stuff - afterall we should just be happy that LL has given all us Merchants some place to sell our stuff.  Lets not bite the hand that feeds us.  Unlike any other vendor... us LL Customers should not expect much from LL as they could just as easily turn off SLM - right?

So... you are right Sassy.... Lets look at what crud LL offers us now and see the bright side of this.  If we put up our pom poms and thank LL for all they have done so far... this will sure go much further in convincing Brooke and team to maybe improve (when tell them we are happy for what they have done so far) then to point out to LL how unhappy we are as LL Customers for the large number of major limitations that SLM has for Merchants.

RAW RAW RAW !!! LL PROVIDES AWESOME SLM SERVICE AND FUNCTIONS FOR US MERCHANTS!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.