where do i find the LL normal specular map texture for default water

Shambala Kimono

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello out there in LL land... I am searching for the default specular normal map for LL water... I made the mistake of buying some new specular maps to make my own presets but nothing looks as good as the original.

Also.. Unless I have the original default texture [normal specular map] in my inventory ... NON of the presets work!

I'm trying to locate the texture...

Calling all LL gurus!!!

Shambala Kimono

3 answers to this question

Hmm unless I'm missing something obvious, there is no easy way to do this unless you recreate all your custom water presets from scratch based on the default water preset & copy over all your other settings.

If you set your windlight water to default, then create a new preset, the default water normal map will be used & you can then copy over the rest of the settings for your custom preset.

Another thing you can do is edit the xml files for your custom water presets & replace the normal texture with the default texture UUID.

The UUID of the default water normal map is 822ded49-9a6c-f61c-cb89-6df54f42cdf4.

You'll find your custom water windlight files in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\user_settings\windlight\water if you are using the LL viewer.

If using Firestorm, replace SecondLife with Firestorm or Firestorm_x64, if using the 64bit viewer version.

Open each xml file in a text editor & change the UUID for the normal map to 822ded49-9a6c-f61c-cb89-6df54f42cdf4 & save changes to the file - http://image.prntscr.com/image/9ee3d00f3e01458abeef74843d9bca7e.png

You'll probably have to relog for the change to take effect.

Edit to add:

Singularity viewer allows you to apply a texture via UUID in their texture picker.

This would actually be the fastest way for you to replace your custom normal maps with the default UUID.

Ref: http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-14230

Edit 2:

What you could also do is download that default normal map texture directly from the CDN.

Use this link in a web browser: http://asset-cdn.agni.lindenlab.com/?texture_id=822ded49-9a6c-f61c-cb89-6df54f42cdf4

Save the file.

Rename the file extention to  *.jp2

You can then open the texture in an image editor  (Irfanview with the JPG2000 plugin should work), save the texture as a png & import it to SL & apply it to your custom water presets.

I imported the default water map texture & passed you a copy inworld anyway.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.