Why Does my avatar not loud ?

LittleDevil27

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2825 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My Avatar is not loading,  It looks like white smoke, the background and sound are all there. I tried restarting my Pc and ReInstalling Second life viewer... I have tried several times to loging after I restart my Pc,It  doesn't work..

What should I do ???

1 answer to this question

It sounds like you have a simple case of common bake fail.  It happens to all of us, at least for the first few seconds as we log in.  The cloud is your default appearance until your avatar appearance files are downloaded as part of the login procedure.  When you have an Internet issue that interrupts download, you can get stuck in the cloudy appearance.  So you fix it by forcing a new download >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_bake_fail .  There are a couple of other situations that also lead to bake fail, too, but they are fixed the same way.

That's usually all it takes.  If this happens often, you may have an unreliable Internet connection that either loses data packets or has brief periods of slow data transfer (long ping time).  If so, avoid using a wifi connection (it's not recommended or supported by Linden Lab anyway), and try rebooting your router and your modem.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2825 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.