How do I get a new password when it won't reset?

CntxplainLuv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2856 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Please help!
I've always had my username and password saved as "remember me", I accidentally unticked it last time I logged on and now I don't remember my password.
That's all fine and dandy I thought, I'll just reset it... But nope.

I type my name into the "My Account: Forgot your name or Password" on the SL site, and then the page where they "send instructions" doesn't load, so i'm not sent anything.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

4 answers to this question

If you are lucky, your web browser remembers it.  In Firefox, for example, go to Tools >>> Options >>> Security >>> Saved Logins >>> Show Passwords . If you ever told Firefox to remember yours, it's there.  Other browsers have similar functions.  If you didn't save it there, you'll have to submit a support case.

• Like 2

You'll need to wait a few hours...

from:  https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Status-Grid/bg-p/status-blog

Unschedule​d Maintenanc​e

by LindenStatus Linden 36m ago

[Posted 11:50 AM PDT, 30 June 2016] We are currently performing unscheduled maintenance on our password recovery system. Some users may be unable to use the "Forgot Password" links on secondlife.com and in the viewer successfully. Please consider filing a case for assistance until maintenance is complete.  Please watch this blog for updates.

EDIT: You should be good to go now...

[RESOLVED] Unschedule​d Maintenanc​e

by LindenStatus Linden yesterday - last edited yesterday

[Resolved 1:07 PM PDT, 30 June 2016] The Unscheduled Maintenance has been resolved at this time.

[Posted 11:50 AM PDT, 30 June 2016] We are currently performing unscheduled maintenance on our password recovery system. Some users may be unable to use the "Forgot Password" links on secondlife.com and in the viewer successfully. Please consider filing a case for assistance until maintenance is complete.  Please watch this blog for updates.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2856 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.