Green Avi's

Christin73

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The other night I had to relog durring an RP. When I returned, everyone was green or red. Now today it is happeng again with the green avi's. No matter how many times I try relogging on SL Viewer its the same. Anyone else having this issue?

Christin73 wrote:

The other night I had to relog durring an RP. When I returned, everyone was green or red. Now today it is happeng again with the green avi's. No matter how many times I try relogging on SL Viewer its the same. Anyone else having this issue?

Go to "Preferences" - "Graphics" and increase the setting for the "Avatar Maximum Complexity" slider. This is a new setting that was released a few weeks ago. Avatars with a rendering "weight" above the value the slider is set at will render as solid colors.

I doubt I have ever seen a major application change designed and handled so poorly as this one. A classic case of make up some arbitary rules, implement them, then go "oops, we forgot to tell the users".

If the best advice 90% of these questions get is to bump up the slider - the Lab have clearly failed in a number of areas including the way they set their maximums.

Rather than a negative limit - that is, make everyone see Jelly Babies by default - why not do it the other way? Let people with computers made in the last 5 years continue to run without impact, and add a slider for those with less capable machines to tone down others?

Why not make it so your friends list are ALWAYS rendered?

Why not make it so the choice to render people is like the choice to derender - it sticks.

Shocking design.

Shocking user communications.

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.