Help with Philo Sophia Avatar

Shiroe01

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

so okay I can wait for the avatar head's custom eyes to be listed in marketplace. But I cant seem to use this body at all. some say its a matreiya body but I cant use adn dress ([AdN] DARK PRINCESS) that has matreiya applier on it. So i tried looking at it further and discovered that all the clothes in the torso dissapear along with the LL skin. (except accesories on hand and boots) I couldnt risk buying a "Matreiya" clothes on this avatar that I might waste my money if it will just be transparent when equip

so my help is there a tutorial around the forum on how to use Philo Sophia and I can let it wear clothes?

From the marketplace listing and the store of that creator it looks like you can ONLY wear outfits made for that specific avatar (and likely from that creator although there may be some others making clothes for it).

This isn't unusual for a specialty avatar. If you want to wear "normal" clothes like for Maitreya then you will need a Maitreya body. Same for Slink etc.   Appliers certainly will not work -- they only work for the body they are made for. There may be some mesh clothes that might fit but trying the demos will be the only way to tell.

It is definitely not a Maitreya body. They are much more expensive ^^

I regret buying it when i could have bought a avatar that has clothes seller already like slink and matreiya. I guess I should proceed on looking stores that sell skin mod and clothes based on avatar before buying the avatar itself.

Maitreya is a brand. There is only one store selling the Maitreya body. Other bodies may look similar, but they will never be suited for products made especially for Maitreya.

The body you picked is more or less a niche product. The market for anime avatars is small compared to the popularity of mesh bodies that do not aim for a cartoon look. And this one here might not even be the most popular one, but thats just a guess.

Because you mentioned the disappearence of skin and clothes: This is something all mesh bodies have in common. Because of their nature (they are attachments, technically), all things that are based on texture layers (like skin, tattooes and all clothes that have this painted on apperance) will not work on them. Mesh avatars can only use skins and tattooes (and some clothes) if they come with an applier, which will put the texture on the body.

Unfortunately, you made a mistake. We've all done it from time to time, out of haste or inexperience. So learn from what happened. There's nothing in the description to suggest that this avatar is Maitreya compatible. Perhaps "some say" that it is, but some people will tell you anything. Even if a vendor description claims something, treat it with a pinch of salt until you've checked with a demo (or you have plenty of experience with that brand's fit). Especially when it's something you consider expensive.

What people might have been saying about Maitreya compatibility is that they have some rigged (non-applier) Maitreya outfits that fit the avatar. It's a possibility, but the only way to be sure is to try demos for any outfits you'd consider buying. Other rigged mesh might work too... I've got nonstandard avs that *some* Standard Size mesh fits fine. It's very much trial and error unless the rigging is specifically designed for the avatar.

Shiroe01 wrote:

discovered that all the clothes in the torso dissapear along with the LL skin. (except accesories on hand and boots)

This part is normal for mesh bodies.  Using mesh body parts will hide the system parts and take their place.  You cannot wear system clothes with mesh bodies.  . 

• 5 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.