40 Avatars per Mainland sims?

Cate Foulsbane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2841 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Cate Foulsbane wrote:

I own a parcel on a Mainland sim. Had a party there last night...we couldn't get more than 30 people in at a time. If the rule is "40", why weren't we able to have 40 people there? 

According to LIMITS, it can vary:

Maximum number of agents

• Full region: 100 (Typically set to 40 on mainland, 55 on Linden Homes regions, but this does vary.

Alwin Alcott wrote:

if you don't own the whole sim, but only a parcel it's pretty rude and really close to abuse to use all resources...

any other owner there could report you.

I agree with you having had a few experiences of not being able to access my land all night because someone had a big crowd at their place.

A note to the other landowners prior to the party telling them what your plans are, that you will have a big crowd up to the sim limit and asking if it's ok with them may alieviate the problem.  I've done this for my own parties and had nobody object as I gave sufficient advance notice.  An invite to the party always helps with this too and it's a great way to meet your neighbors.  :smileyvery-happy:

Reasonably most PRIVATE regions are set to 40 (shopping venues and other busy areas) so that once in the area folks can move (often still very difficult and I have a very hefty computer).

Mainland sims have always been less robust and honestly 30 is very reasonable now; likely 20 would be better. Also while I don't KNOW this, is seems very likely that more mainland sims have been stacked on the servers; it would just be practical. Since much of mainland is empty now (in many sims anyway) that seems fairly reasonable.  I am pretty much the only land (tiny parcels) on the two sims that I have group land on.

In the olden days you actually could get 100 people on a private island and even dance. BUT there were no mesh items or bodies, smaller textures, no sculpts etc. So things were very different then.

The "best" you could do would be to buy corner parcels on four mainland sims. That wouldn't make your neighbors any happier though. If you want to have big parties then likely renting a section of an island (not homestead) would be the answer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2841 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.