Rebranding - opinions, experiences, advices... pretty please

Tamara Artis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2855 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would like to hear opinions and experiences with rebranding. Pros and cons... whatever comes up to your mind...

Its been so long that I uploaded anything to my MP store I don't even remember how that works! But thats my problem lol, I am interested in a bunch of other things... first about the ranking - if I change only the name of the item, would that affect the rank of the item in a way that it starts all over like it is newly uploaded one? And what if I upload a new version of the item, should I mark it like the new version, along with the new name and all, or I can just change everything? I ask because I remember that relisting is not allowed and I am not sure what exactly is considered as relisting? 

What is best way to do this on the Marketplace? 

• disable/delete old listing and upload a new one with the same name of the item but different name of the brand
  • upload a new version of the item and mark it appropriately, or
  • something else I am not aware of?

I don't think changing the name would affect rank. I would keep the listing and just upload the new version and name, but I think it is a gray area whether or not it is allowable to list it like it was a new item. I think it probably is, since it is not exactly the same item.

I answered this last night and then deleted as I thought someone might have better input. :D.

With the new marketplace (from the viewer) you are supposed to upload NEW versions WITHIN the old version listing. Torley made a bunch of YouTube videos explaining that. So you no longer upload "new" (hence keeping the longevity of the product) unless it actually IS a brand new item (as apposed to an IMPROVED item).

Here is part one. There are four:

You can certainly change the name and the photo for the product, but relisting (I went back and reread the rules last night) is definitely not allowed.

So to be legal I would say anyway, to put an updated version under the original one calling it V2 or whatever. Change your photo with your new brand name if you like and you are set. In the ones I redid I mentioned that this is V2 (or in one case V3). Just so folks that might be looking for a previous version would know.

I can't find a thing! 

What troubles me now is what makes an item to be new? For example, if I upload another copy of the pose I created, rename it and put up for sale, is that considered to be a new item? It has another UUID, new name and I will make a photo from another angle so anyone can say its a new item? But its not...

In the last few days I received reports on 2 websites and I expect another one either on the MP or in-world. Its why I asked, I want to be sure that this rebranding or any other thing doesn't enter a grey area and can't be considered as violation of some rule. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2855 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.