Ask for help!How to promote my shop?Who can guide and help me?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2855 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'd like to open a shop.Who can tell me, I should how to promotion, publicity of my store?In the BBS posts published shop? I don't even know, my topic is appropriate for release in this BBS. For me.SL is a very new and strange.I'm looking forward to can someone give me guidance and help. Thank you very much for reading my topic! If anyone is willing to guide me.Please contact:Ninisgarden

I recommend doing a Google search for "How to promote Second Life store." I did so and there were 7,000,000 results. The first page alone rendered a ton of relevant information. 

Good luck with your store! 

Thanks for your reply.
I want to create a store.All this is only the beginning.Sells clothes, shoes, hair, furniture, jewelry...And so on.Women will be my main customer.
I can make mesh, rig
The problem is.I don't know how can I promote my shop.
I should send Topic in SL BBS?
Posted on which Forum?Commerce Forum?Or what other BBS?
Looking forward to your reply.If you are willing to give me more detailed instructions.I really appreciate!!!!!

Have you spent much time inworld? All of this about the forums is making me wonder. Only a handful of people read the forums regularly, just look how the same faces show up again and again in threads.

Women's fashion is the most competitive market in SL by far. Tons of established stores you will be up against, but also tons of promotional groups and events. It's not hard to find the most popular. Which are the best for you will depend on the niche you want to carve for yourself in all of that. So my advice is to get inworld and do your research.

When writing, after a punctuation mark we are supposed to hit space. I am advising this because you will write and send many group notices where it will be important to write correctly or as close as possible :)

Next time you are online do a research - take few brands that you like and observe what and how they do their marketing...

• join their group and check group notices - how often do they send out group gifts, is there maybe some kind of discount for new releases, do they join hunts and shopping events?
  • check the profile of the creator - notice how they put information about the brand in their profile pics and name few links where they advertise, their TOS, FAQs and other important things
  • check their marketplace store - banner, store policy, look of the vendors, keywords they use for their listings, pricing, descriptions of the items...
  • visit their in-world store and observe how its set, what type of vendor system do they use and other important things

DO NOT COPY OTHER MERCHANTS!

It is just to give you an idea of what can be done,  you'll do it your way, the way you can. 

Do not rely on these Forums, there are not many people here, you will spend time and make an effort but the result will not be big. In-world you can join promo groups, many are free and you just have to contact the owner or a manager of the group and ask for posting rights. Groups have it written who to contact for that and please, folow the rules, if it says one notice per week then its just one notice per week! 

There is a big hunt coming up and applications start tomorrow, will last through the whole July, hunt starts in August, if you manage to get your store running you can apply to be listed as a designer on their website and apply to join the hunt. I wanted to send you infos in-world but it says there is no such avatar?!

Ninisgarden wrote:

Posted on which Forum?
Commerce Forum?
Or what other BBS?

because you seem to repeat this, no, the forums do not allow advertising.

(BBS is a little bit 80's ...  young people will have no clue what you'r talking about :)  )

Alwin Alcott wrote:

Ninisgarden wrote:

Posted on which Forum?
Commerce Forum?
Or what other BBS?

because you seem to repeat this, no, the forums do not allow advertising.

(
BBS is a little bit 80's
...  young people will have no clue what you'r talking about
:)
  )

And the first half of the 90s ;)

Ninisgarden wrote:

I'd like to open a shop.Who can tell me, I should how to promotion
, publicity of my store?In the BBS posts published shop? I don't even know, my topic is appropriate for release in this BBS. For me.SL is a very new and strange.I'm looking forward to can someone give me guidance and help. Thank you very much for reading my topic! If anyone is willing to guide me.Please contact:Ninisgarden

First open the shop, and then think about how to promote it. It costs nothing to open a store in the marketplace, except a tiny fee for each item in the store, so that's a good place to start.

It's a bit premature to ask people to spend time advising you how to promote something that doesn't exist. You haven't even said if you have any products to sell yet. You've said that you can make mesh objects, but that doesn't mean that you have something to sell. So make your products, open a shop, and then look into promoting it.

I see the avatar's profile in the inworld search. In view of what you said, though, I searched using the old system. The only information in the profile is that s/he was created on the 29th of this month - yesterday. My best guess is that s/he heard that you can make some money in SL, so s/he signed up and came straight to the forum with the question in this thread, in the hope that the answers would fully explain how to make money in SL.

@Nalytha: You must be a spring chicken then :)

Tamara Artis wrote:

What it means? I am not so young anymore but I have no idea about it! All I know is Be Back Soon but somehow... I don't think thats it lol

LOL. It means Bulleting Board System. They were often called BBs - a BB.

Bulletin Boards were the text-only message boards that we used for social interaction on the web before more advanced system were created. I used to have/run one myself. They were the thing in the late 80s and early 90s.

Phil Deakins wrote:

@Nalytha: You must be a spring chicken then

I was born in 86', so I wasn't really into online communication until around 99'ish.

Now that I think of it though, I have heard the term bulletin board. Ususally, I've seen it on a forum where it might say there are archives from the previous forum, which is sometimes called a bulletin board. 

Phil Deakins wrote:

Tamara Artis wrote:

What it means? I am not so young anymore but I have no idea about it! All I know is Be Back Soon but somehow... I don't think thats it lol

LOL. It means
B
ulleting
B
oard
S
ystem. They were often called BBs - a BB.

Bulletin Boards were the text-only message boards that we used for social interaction on the web before more advanced system were created. I used to have/run one myself. They were the thing in the late 80s and early 90s.

I started out out on listserves. Then Usenet. Talk about the Wild West -- if you didn't develop a thick skin or a large kill file you didn't last long. There was no crying that everyone was mean when they screamed at you to read the FAQ! You were expected to know it before you posted anything. 

Nalytha wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

@Nalytha: You must be a spring chicken then

I was born in 86'
, so I wasn't really into online communication until around 99'ish.

Now that I think of it though, I have heard the term bulletin board. Ususally, I've seen it on a forum where it might say there are archives from the previous forum, which is sometimes called a bulletin board. 

Aha. You see? You really are a spring chicken :)

I had an unusual one. I was able to set it up so that you moved N,S,E,W etc. through 'rooms/locations', emulating a MUD system. I even had what we called 'mobiles' (computer characters) in it, and a lift that took time to move through the floors. The BB's programmer was puzzled as to how I'd managed to create a lift with his programme. But it was a bulletin board.

On Marketplace there is a spot in your listings where you can put key words. When people search for those words your item will come up if oyu have the words in search. so esentualy MP shops tend to sell themselves. Just make something no one else has thaught of. Search MP yourself to see what is selling in your catagory. Good luck.

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

That in itself is a beautiful anachronism.

Google is anachronistic? Wow, I must be getting older. What verb do the hip young kids use to describe looking something up on the web?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2855 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.