Unable to connect, timeout was reached (for multiple days now)!

Void153

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2851 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Previously, I've been able to log in on this computer and on singularity.  It seems this problem arose when I switched internet services from Comcast to AT&T.  I'm able to log in on my phone with other clients but this is getting frustrating. 

It first started exactly 3 days ago when I was unable to login.  I figured I'd wait and see if i can tomorrow, but then the same thing happened.  So far I haven't been able to login and keep getting timeouts.  Really hope someone can help soon!

Sorry if it seems others have had this issue before, I've tried going and searching for solutions but haven't been able to relate any at all to mine.

5 answers to this question

When you log in, your viewer refreshes your inventory cache and all of the various lists that you depend on for making contacts in world.  If that process takes more than a minute (or whatever the timeout limit is these days), login fails.  It is unusual for login to time out unless you either have a slow Internet connection (not its bandwidth, but its ping time) or you have very large inventory or friends/groups lists. Since this happened right after you changed ISPs, I'm guessing that that's the cause. You should probably check with them.

I'd also suggest getting off of your wireless connection, if you have been using one.  Linden Lab neither recommends nor supports wifi, because there is too much opportunity for interference and loss of signal integrity with wireless.  Many SL residents have no trouble with wifi, but you'll be much better off with a direct cable or DSL connection.

Aslo, as a final thought, I strongly suggest using a different SL viewer.  Singularity has not been updated for over a year now and is functionally obsolete.  As time goes on, you will find that more and more of its functions do not behave as expected.  For example, it is not compatible with the financial standard recently introduced in the standard SL viewer and most third party viewers, so you cannot buy L$ in world any more.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2851 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.