Sign in to follow this  
JustiNex

Advice needed - lost items

Question

JustiNex wrote:

Looks like my question got lost somewhere.

Anyhow last night inworld, I bought 6 outfits and unpacked my purchases but they never reached as far as to my inventory.

When unpacking I saw all the items but then all the 6 outfits disappeared, only empty forders and packings are left.

What should I do?

Hi JustiNex.  If you know the creators name, then just send him/her a notecard explaining your problem.  Most merchants will send you another if there was a problem!  I hope this helps!

Peace!

5 answers to this question

JustiNex wrote:

Looks like my question got lost somewhere.

Anyhow last night inworld, I bought 6 outfits and unpacked my purchases but they never reached as far as to my inventory.

When unpacking I saw all the items but then all the 6 outfits disappeared, only empty forders and packings are left.

What should I do?

Hi JustiNex.  If you know the creators name, then just send him/her a notecard explaining your problem.  Most merchants will send you another if there was a problem!  I hope this helps!

Peace!

Are the packs empty? Were they no copy items? Many clothes items are copyable. You might want to rez the boxes again on the ground and click "open" to check. If they are not empty, copy the content to your inventory after creating a specific folder (you choose any name you want so you can find them easily). If they are no copy, then Hippie is right. You should contact the seller with details of the transaction (date and number of the purchase : check in your transaction history from your dashboard). I hope this helps too! :-)

• Like 1

JustiNex wrote:

Thank you both
:)

The packs are empty and they were no copy items. I re-rezzed the boxes to check If they were empty.

Not sure if contacting the seller will help because there was no failure with the delivery nor with the packages (purchased inworld), I had the outfits in the packs. It sounds to me more like SL/tech problem, don't you think.

The items included in the boxes must be into your inventory. The problem with some outfits components is that sometimes they are just called "shirt" or "skirt" with no reference of the main name of the outfit...

I've had this problem many times. I have one tip to find them again: go back to the shop and click "buy" on the item. A window will appear showing everything which is in it. Take a pen and right down every sub-item name and details, then cancel buying and close the window.

Then go to your inventory and search each sub-item (respecting the exact name and spaces and special signs such as * or #). Create a folder for each outfit and rename each item as you wish (e.g. xxxshirt blue) I hope this works for you! :smileywink:

As a last resort, contact the seller anyway explaining your problem in good faith. Most serious designers will probably be willing to help you as long as you provide proof of your purchase. Good luck!

Some times is just a matter of the database not updating fast enough so the items dont appear.   Often this corrects is self in short period of time. 

Also type the items in search   they may not have gone into the folder you didnt expect.   Sometime clothes go into the obect folder.