I was banned from Sweethearts. I'd not been there for a coupe of weeks and can get no explanation

Phyllis Bigboots

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was banned from Sweethearts Jazz.  I have no idea what I did wrong nor had I been there.  Is there a place to find out the reason you are banned from a place?  I DO understand that this is privately owned and therefore no reason is necesssary.  I'm not asking for the ban to be lifted, I would just like to know what I did to earn it.  Thank you.

9 answers to this question

I don't know how these things happen, SL glitch or human error. I found myself banned from a large store renting an entire private region. Like you, I was perplexed by this as I'd never been there before. My alt had no problem accessing it. I contacted the store owner who said I wasn't banned and she gave me the name of the region owner as she thought maybe I was banned at estate level. I'd never heard of the region owner before and likewise she'd never heard of me nor had she any idea how I ended up on the estate banned list as she had never added me. Anyway, she removed me immediately but it's still a mystery. LIke you, I wasn't really concerned if I was banned or not but if I was, I wanted to know why.

Hi Phyllis, I just saw your duplicate forum thread. This forum software is awful, and on these Answers you haven't got the same facility to "reply" as on the Forums tab, but, you can click on "comments" at the bottom of each answer and add more information or a comment.

As others have said, although you may not get a reply from the owner of the venue, you are within your rights to ask via notecard why it is that they banned you. (Are you sure you are banned? - you are not listed on their land details as being banned.)

• Like 1

I can answer that for you Phylis.

Passing around private conversations  between the owners and others is against SL terms of Service. You were banned For that reason. In fact you always know who to contact since you were an Ex employee. Instead you chose to ask here..

Oh well

You were banned for disclosure

• Like 3

Phyllis Bigboots wrote:

Thank you. I did as you suggested as soon as it happened, no answer. I guess it will be a mystery to me. I was hoping that there was a place on here where you could see who was banned from where and why. Thank you for taking the time to answer me
:)

There are 2 ways to ban people from land.

One is to use About Land and add them to the ban list there, that is only effective for the parcel & will allow people to still go to the sim and stand on the edge of the parcel but not be able to get in.

The other is using the region/estate settings and that will ban you from the whole sim & can also include every other sim owned by the same owner if they select it to do so.

Only the sim owner and any estate managers can do the 2nd type, anyone in the land group with the right permissions can do the first type & when you look at the lists, they just tell you the names of banned people with no dates or anything to say who added the name.

It would be down to the rules of the place in question how they choose to keep track of why people are banned and who by. Some club managers for example ask that a NC be sent to them with details of any bannings, but in a lot of cases people just trust the people that they have given powers to that they only ban for a good reason & it is possible that they may actually not be able to tell you anything other than yes you are on the ban list, but I have no idea why or when or who put you there, except that it was one of say 6 people or however many have the power.

Sir, I did send IM's but received no answer. I was hoping to find a page with lists and reasons here. I wasn't there to have any private conversations so I guess I'm at a lose there. However I do respect your decision. Thank you for taking the time to answer Dilbert. I would assume I shall see you here. This is a new facet of SL for me and you are the most knowledgeable person I know on SL. Phyl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.