Viewer on a prim?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2856 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Artorius Constantine wrote:

I have a silly idea.

(:

i have thought about this quite a lot

is kinda silly but would be really cool

like my avatar is sit at computer inworld and then logs in their own avatar

their own avatar then sits beside them inworld watching themselves sitting beside my avatar on my avatars inworld screen

then my avatar gets their avatar to rez a couples dance ball which ends up next to my avatar. Then my avatar clicks the ball and their avatar sits, and then I sit my avatar on the ball as well

but then if my avatars avatar then sits in front of their own computer and logs in their avatar then could end up with 100s of them, and they could all do a line dance (:

Awesome answers!

Visual is all I need. It doesn't even have to have anything besides the camera and an on off switch.

Someone has to figure out how to make a mirror work eventually and I think this is the best route. I got the idea on the Haunted Mansion memorial Ride. (Go there, it rocks!).

The part at the end with the ghost hitch hikers would work if it was a viewer on a prim, it could even be a bot account. That same effect could be used for a mirror that actually shows a "reflection".

A ripple animation over water with the image on a flat prim would be a great effect.

I like the remote desktop direction. That seems the easiest with the current release.

Artorius Constantine wrote:

Someone has to figure out how to make a mirror work eventually and I think this is the best route.

Interesting idea but I doubt it would work. You'd have that annoying MOP popup nav bar for a start.

More seriously, you'll probably have serious sync problems and if there are more than one avatar present you'll have issues with animations not showing up the same on all clients etc.

If you want mirrors in SL, I think Zi Ree's patch is still the way to go. It works too, you just have to compile your own custom viewer for it.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/STORM-2055?

A few demos:

That;'s a perfect mirror! But it requires a special viewer hack.

That won't work for the average user.. That bites because that is perfect!

I'm actually trying to find a way to isolate just the local agents pictures now.

Ignore all the background objects, no atmosphere input, no sound, just the local agent picture. Would be a lot less server intense.

Place the mirror, take a picture of what it would normally see and put that on it then project only local agent info over that.

Like a text only viewer but avatar only. I think this project may be out of my range.

if don't mind the lag for animate objects (incl. avatars) then can do it with streaming MOAP using a bot fixed camera to record the scene . Person would have to enable media to view it tho

+

about real mirrors in SL

it got asked of Oz Linden at the SLB13 talks. His answer is here:  https://modemworld.me/2016/06/24/sl13b-talks-oz-and-landon-inside-second-life/#more-60047

basically he said No, not in the forseeable future bc technicals

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2856 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.