HELP with NEW POSES (AO)

Onix1997

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You bought poses for an AO? Usually AOs will have a notecard that tells you how to add poses. Rez the AO onto the ground, and drag the poses into the content folder. Then you have to add the pose in the correct spot in the notecard within the content folder using the exact name of the pose. it is time consuming.

If you mean you just bought poes, you should just be able to select "play in world" or "play local".

If you bought an AO, you should just be able to add it and it should work.

Onix1997 wrote:

The one I bought have play in world and play local, so that does it means??

it means you don't know what you bought... it's no AO but a animation.

Before buying things be sure what it is.

Animations can be added to a AO but aren't a AO themself.

Just one AO animation isn't very usefull.

I don't know how many poses you bought... for an AO you need several different types of poses:

• standing animations - probably the most important ones because your avatar will stand most of the times when you're online
  • walking animations - one walking animation is enough for start
  • running - also really important because well we often run and the default animation is pretty funny and weird lol
  • sitting - on the ground and on chair
  • turn left and right - nice ones too!

and many others like flying, hovering, typing, crouch, land...

You can buy an empty AO on the Marketplace, or maybe better to buy some cheap AO and open it to see whats inside and how it is made. Usually there is a notecard that has names of the animations sorted in different groups. Many animations are made in more than one size - for example child, teen and adult. 

Some AO's are made so that you don't really need to pay attention to notecards, you just drag and drop them on the AO. Or, if you buy in the shop, the pose will be automatically added into your AO! Ohh I love that shop lol

Some viewers have an AO built inside of them and its neat because your avatar will have less scripts and be more friendly :) 

I did not mention names because rules of this forum don't allow to name specific stores or merchants because it is considered as advertising. 

Maybe to specify your question so we know in what direction to answer? 

Also POSES (static - don't move) are different from ANIMATIONS (moving in a certain way). So if you actually bought POSES, they are meant for use when taking photos, not for everyday walking around.

There have traditionally been free AO (animation overriders) on the Marketplace. I suspect they are still there. That would be a good way to start and learn.  Basically you WEAR the AO, it appears on your screen and you can turn it on and off as needed. 

Once you have that worked out, you can make your own AO (add on or in the viewer) as you like. Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.