Update account information to the Beta grid

Caligula Yowahoshi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I log into the beta grid none of my inventory updates and I'm unable to upload mesh. This has been ongoing, on this account, for several months.

I get the note that I do not have rights to upload mesh but my payment info is up to date and I have successfully completed the mesh tutorial. None of my inventory has updated from years ago causing my clothing not to appear as well, so I appear as a cloud.

I am able to upload mesh and my inventory does update on other accounts, just not this one.

2 answers to this question

Each account is separate, so having one account that works properly on Aditi is no guarantee that anither one you own will also work.  You need to submit a support case and request an inventory update.  Linden Lab has been working on a system to make those updates more seamless, but it's not there yet.

It has been true for a long time -- since LL introduced user-created mesh to SL, in fact -- that you need to complete the mesh tutorial twice.  Even if you took it on the main grid, you still need to take it again for Aditi. And since each account is separate, you need to take it for each account.

• Like 1

You can find the IP tutorial for the beta grid here:

https://secondlife.aditi.lindenlab.com/my/account/ip/tutorial.php

It's exactly the same as for the main grid, it's just that you have to retake it so it's registered in the beta system too.

The inventory problem is a completely different issue. You have to open a support case and get LL to reset your inventory manually for that. There used to be a system where beta grid inventory was automatically syncornized to the main inventory when you reset your password but the changed it recently and the new system is still a bit buggy.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.