Slink Feet

saemantha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2856 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi:)

Im new to sl but have had some help.  I am uncertain wether the body i was given when i joined is mesh or something else?

My question is ... my body is it mesh and will slink feet only work with a mesh body? as im having trouble fitting the slink feet.

Thanks for any help:)

slink feet work with normal "old" nomesh avatars but you need to set the right size to your shape in special the leggs to let it seamless fit

Of course have also a look if you can find the right color matching applier or have to set that manually.

Slink will work with some mesh bodies, but for sure not with all, the manual with the demo should tell you that, or you can have a look here http://meshbodyaddicts.com

some mesh bodies will have their own hands and feet.

Hello saemantha,

its very hard to guess what starter avatar you are wearing just from what you wrote.

Your slink feet are intended to be used with a normal, standart body. The mesh starter avatars may look nice at first glance, but shouldn't be used after your first steps in Second Life, as they give you close to zero options for customization and your new feet will not work with them.

But again, its difficult to say what you are currently using or what else could cause you problems. Maybe a picture would be good.

for Slink feet to fit your system body shape, the body shape has to be sized to the Standard Sizing protocol. You should have a notecard in the Slink package that shows you what the protocol shape slider measurements that affect the feet need to be

Hi Everyone:)

I have done it yeaaaah :) managed to fit them ok by following the notecards explicitly but........ now i have a tiny gap between the feet and where the bottom of my legs meet the feet.  I think its refered to as ankle break.  My shape is set up exactly to the notecard that came with the feet but this gap is there and its on both feet.

Sorry to be a pain but any ideas on this one ?

next

try feet size = 0

if thats not it then

not sure what Sizing you are. You could be wearing the smaller size. XS instead of S. S instead of M, etc

also can check that you are not wearing 2 feet alphas accidentally. The Slink alpha and another one

if after that then how long are your legs ? I have never been over 61 myself so dunno what is max leg length

+

and if after all this then check them all again (: bc when you do all this then you never get a gap

you can get a shadow line tho depending on the light angle when you zoom right in, which is ameliorated when have applied the Slink feet applier that you get from your skin maker (assuming the skin maker has made an applier, which most of the brand names have)

saemantha wrote:

Hi:) Ive checked everything as you suggest. I have the shoe base on which came with the shoes and I only have the slink high feet. Still have the gap:(

But the DEMO worked for you, that's really strange. I tried the demo and decided not to buy them, could not get them to work for me. Been a while so I don't remember the exact problem.

I went with a different brand and they work with the Second Life shoes sold by what I am guessing is hundreds of stores, and cost a lot less, and the feet fit and I can match my skin (that is very old).

If your in the group ask there, that is where you will find help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2856 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.