Items automatically returned

mikeymds

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2859 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

why does my boat get returned to inventory when I am on linden water or flying it?   Seem like whenever I am at the control, it is fine.  However, when I walk around boat, seems like I only have a few minutes before it leaves.

Thank you

3 answers to this question

thats a normal behaviour.

It will return to your, or any other owners inventory, as soon you leave the vehicle.

It's the auto return function on land or water, that you don't own yourself or your group.

It works that way so that you can enjoy other peoples water, or LL water, but not leave your vehicles there as soon you'r bored or logging off.... but also when you step off.

• Like 4

That is correct. I think autoreturn on the Linden Waterways and Water sims is usually five minutes, maybe a little bit more or a little bit less. The autoreturn does not kick in while you sit in the boat though.

As for why, any parcel in SL with object entry and/or building allowed for anybody and no autoreturn will fill up fast with garbage and griefer objects.

In other words, if you like to sail on Linden Water autoreturn is your friend, not your enemy. It's what keep those passages open so you actually can sail there.

• Like 4

FYI most of the sims of the Blake Sea have a rez area in the north east corner of the sim.  If you lose your boat just fly there and rez another one.  Note that these areas also have autoreturn, so be prepared to sit on your boat and sail away as soon as you do so others who may want to rez theirs can.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2859 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.