House is missing walls in world but not in Sketchup

Syn Enyo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been working on a house in Sketchup. on High it has 603 triangles and 819 vertices acording to the SL upload window.  It only has 2 Materials, 519 edges and 155 faces, 1 images, 1 layer and 1 style under statistics in the model info.

House inSketchup.png

house inSL.jpg

I am not sure if this is a issue with the Second Life mesh beta or the model.

Sweet got it. Fixed house.jpg

2 more questions

Is the number in red "3.0" really takes up that much prims? Becuase that is just wow. prim.png

Second question: I heard you can only use 8 materials. When i open the texture window it acts like one face. So how do you texture theses? I seen a video on youtube of someone uploading a Chair dae and then a texture to go on the chair sepreate. I think thats how you do it. How does one genreate a texture like that? Can Sketchup do that some how or do i need to use another program(Free would be best)? I'm still a noob when it comes to mesh. Have been playing with it on and off in the past 3 days. Still learning but if the prim numbers in my first question is right, well i think mesh will be so awesome once i master it.

Take a look at this page, it'll tell you about those numbers. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Mesh/Costs_and_fees

It is really simple to assign textures to faces with Sketchup. Just use the paint bucket in Sketchup and apply the textures to the object (up to 8), and when you export the .dae file, it will memorize the textures you assigned to the object. Each texture becomes 1 face that you can retexture in SL.

If you added a physics mesh to the object when you uploaded it, all you have to do is go to the object tab in the edit window, and change the physics shape type from convex hull to prim.

Physics1.JPG

If you didn't upload it with a physics mesh, you will have to reupload it with one. On the upload screen go to the physics tab and either load a physics mesh from file or use an LOD. If you use a file, I would use the same mesh as the mesh you are uploading. If you use an LOD, I would choose highest LOD.

I have been having problems where it wouldn't let me choose a physics mesh from file, so if that doesnt work, I would just use an LOD.

Physics 2.JPG

Thanks. I used the LOD and no luck. Seem not walking in it like i would want. Maybe its becuase i'm using Second Life 2.6.2 (225059) Mar 25 2011 15:25:33 (Project Viewer - Mesh). A Auto build. The one on the wiki always crashed. So i guess i'll wait.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.