KittyKat help

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, 

I finally bought a KittyKat and I feel ripped off.  Aside from the fact that the seller posted a picture that looks *nothing* like the cat I got, it seems that the poor thing is broken.  

I can't rename it (and it came with a very stupid name) and none of the links to the website work.  It has useful but gharish bright red text over it's head and the colour can't be changed.  

The worst part is that most of the "interactions" require me to turn off every animation I'm already wearing and walk around like a N00b, the priority must be one or zero or something.  The thing I liked best about my friends KittyKats was petting them.  If I can't stroke it's little fur, what's the point? 

Also ... what's the deal with including two buttons in the HUD that if mistakenly pressed, will basically give your cat away forever?  What genius thought that up?  

$700 down the drain I think.  

when you buy a car, start riding and you hit a wall do you blaim Ford, Nissan or Volkswagen?

ehm no, because you learn how to handle the vehicle befor you buy one

it's the same with breedables... don't try all buttons or even buy one before you got what it means.

You'r not ripped off, you simply killed your pet.. who's the genius ....

There are manuals online and in game for the KittyCats breedables. There is an in game group with helpers. (Though be warned they will probably refer you to the manuals too. But they are very helpful). All of your problems are user error. It's not lindens down the drain. The KittyCats "game" is very well programed. Your cat is never gone. Register on their website and an ID will be stored online for any cat you ever get. When you lose the cat in SL, it's just a matter of filing a ticket with that ID and your cat it usually back in your inventory in less than 24 hours.

(Replied to wrong person but you know what I mean)

If  you go to the INWORLD Kittycat's store, there is a support desk with support folks there (I think 24/7) that you can chat up. A friend of mine had them come FIX his older (and FREE) Kitty. They were very professional.

Things go wrong -- especially with scripted items. So I suggest contacting the support person on duty to see if you can get it fixed.

Reguarding the AO, that could easily be a problem with the AOs which against all reason insist on using Priority 4 for what is supposed to be default animations. I don't KNOW that of course but it seems like an obvious answer. I have no issues with my over 1000 day old kitty.

You can turn off ALL the text if you want or just leave the name. Much of that info can be seen by clicking on the Kitty. 

PS. It DOES sound from your description of issues that it is "you" learning the system and not the kitty.

Ah, well,thanks for all the insults and misconceptions.  :-)

I guess I'm out of here, but ...

for the record:

- been to the store many times there are no manuals, no FAQ and no actual KittyKats for sale leaving one at the mercy of dodgy third party sellers.

- the helpers at the store are sometimes helpful and sometimes not at all (one was quite rude)

- the cat isn't dead (why would I kill a kitty?)

- the website is unreachable none of the links in the HUD to it work (crucially 'update' doesn't work)

- the lack of configuration options is surprising for such an expensive product

- the low priority of the animations is just shocking and the kind of thing a Noob would do.  They can be over-ridden by standard low priority Linden animations of a level two or three.  That's just dumb and makes the whole thing rather useless.  

Im posting this mostly to alert potential buyers who may search the forum for real experiences with KittyKats before buying and save their money.  

Thanks for the help from those who posted perhaps *thinking* they were being helpful,  ;-)

Sylvia

• Like 1

Sylvia Wasp wrote:

for the record:

- been to the store many times there are no manuals, no FAQ and no actual KittyKats for sale leaving one at the mercy of dodgy third party sellers.

- the helpers at the store are sometimes helpful and sometimes not at all (one was quite rude)

- the website is unreachable none of the links in the HUD to it work (crucially 'update' doesn't work)

- the low priority of the animations is just shocking and the kind of thing a Noob would do.  They can be over-ridden by standard low priority Linden animations of a level two or three.  That's just dumb and makes the whole thing rather useless.  

Im posting this mostly to alert potential buyers who may search the forum for real experiences with KittyKats before buying and save their money.  

Thanks for the help from those who posted perhaps *thinking* they were being helpful,  ;-)

Sylvia

Through the miracle of Google -- which prospective buyers are more likely to use for the purpose than this forum -- found an abundance of information and help. 

I do not buy your altruistic reason for posting. Your title says you want some unspecified "help", but now you say you just want to warn others not to buy a defective product.

The truth is that like so many others before you, you are angry and want revenge on some merchant, and this is where you think you can get it.

Sylvia Wasp wrote:

for the record:

Sylvia

The following is based on the assumption that you are reffering to KittyCats. If that is wrong, please disregard. 

1. The KittyCats store sells Genesis cats only. All KittyCats come from Genesis cats. Their traits are all Genesis traits and one of the goals for most breeders are to breed out their hidden traits, which allows for the wide array of cats you see on the market today. Cats bred from these Genesis cats (which you buy at the official in game store) are sold on secondary markets, including the marketplace. 

When you buy official genesis cats, they come with a ton of notecards, which are basically the manual. These cards can also be found in the ingame official store and if you ask in the group, someone would probably send them to you. If you didn't have these free cards, you could also read the manual on their website. 

2. I don't know, but I don't think those helpers are paid. So no, there wouldn't be set hours. But whenever I've had a question, I've had it answered super promptly. Now, there are some rules that new players might not be aware of which might lead to the assumption of rude service. For example, it's against the rules to talk about sellers/buyers/prices in the group chat. You also can't link to really anything except the officialy KittyCats website. If you asked a question that would result in something like this, I could see how it might come off as rude. They do this too keep advertising out of group chat. 

3. Glad you didn't kill a cat. 

4. I have never seen the website down. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this link, but here is the official website. 

http://www.kittycats.ws

The HUDs and Update scripts are regularly UPDATED. You MUST have the correct version for these to work. If you have an outdated version, you simply go to the in world store and pick up another (free) one. You can find these outside the entrance, to the right of the store in the gazeebo type structure. To the left of the entrance, in a matching structure is some more helpful information. 

5. I'm not sure what type of configuration you are thinking it lacks. You can remove all the text above the cats name, if that's what you want. You can set it to various poses instead of it walking around. You can even enter some custom quotes for it to randomly say. 

6. Are you referring to instances where, say, you might be cuddling the cat and when you walk, your walk overides the cuddle animation? Nothing is perfect. One has to overwrite the other. I just can't see any way around this. But if you know of a way, please let me know. Same with sitting and the sit overrides not matching the cats. 

You are looking for people with real experience with KittyCats? Well, I have it and I hope you are able to resolve your issues, because this is one of my favorite features of Second Life. 

After just a couple minutes of researching, I think I might have found a solution to the AO issue. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/KP-KittyCats-Animation-Overrider/3607652

Update: Yup, this worked fine. Though someone in the KittyCats group also said she just uses a plain unisex walk instead of a complete AO sometimes when she wants to carry the cat around. The same person who made the item above also sells a nifty AO which lets you cuddle up to three cats at a time.. for only L$1

Sylvia Wasp wrote:

It has useful but gharish bright red text over it's head and the colour can't be changed.  

$700 down the drain I think.  

Red text usually means the cat has died. You will have far more fun learning to breed them yourself, a starter kit is cheap and worth it. Don't give up, head to the kittycat sim http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/KittyCatS/128/128/2 or go to SL13B and get a free one.

L$700 is US$2.63 - not an expensive lesson.

((It's not really dead, just pinin' for the catnip))

I tried for 2 days to access the kittycats website and could not get it to load. It wasn't a problem with my computer or internet, either.

I got one of the free SL birthday cats, opened it in a sandbox, and it's alive, growing, and happy as a lark. That was for my homeless alternate incognito avatar.  I went back to get a kitten for my usual avatar, (The sign says "One kitten per avatar", so I do not believe I was breaking the rules in any way, shape, or form). I went to the same sandbox that had worked the first time, followed the instructions, rezzed the box and waited an hour or so for the menu to appear, but it never did. The message only said "still loading, do not take into inventory" or something like that. So I pulled the box back into inventory against the instructions. I couldn't wait all day, and it was obviously not going to work at that sandbox again anyway. Then I tried to access the KittyCatS website, all day, to no avail.......(It's back up now, btw).

Short version, when I rezzed the kitten box again, it said "SL copy; delete me".  I tried this several times, on my own land, in the hopes that my kitten would miraculously materialize, but it was a goner. So I opened the box, copied it to inventory, messed around with it for awhile, then I deleted everything.

Went to the marketplace and bought a L$25 surprise kitten box, and rezzed it on my own parcel. Now I'm hooked. I bought a more expensive one and got an empty box. In a frenzy of kittycats lust I bought another inexpensive surprise package, right before the empty box seller sent me my live kitten with grave apologies. Now I have 3 kittens, on top of all my other animals and cats large and small. KittyCatS are more addictive than cigarettes, lol. But I'm still mourning the loss of my birthday cat. I've read up on them as much as I can and bought a ton of food for my kittens. (I also got the pair of breedable pink boxers, but that's another story.) The lady at the kittycats main store was beyiond helpful, she was a gem, at 3am nonetheless.

On a side note, my alt avatar later lost the live birthday kitten by rezzing it in a sandbox to feed it. Although she had done it several times before, this time it "poof" disappeared with a message from SL that the land did not allow object entry, which was nonsense. It seemed that both birthday kittens were now in kittycats heaven, but when the alt avatar logged back in, the cat was in inventory. Phew, such a relief!

I would like to allow my alt avatar's kitten to live on my parcel, but can't figure out how. If anyone can tell me how to allow the cat and only the cat onto my parcel without forming a group I'd be very grateful. 

Forgot to add; when the kittens from my surprise boxes were born, the had the bright red type above their heads, but it was telling me to update them. Then MY OWN LAND ate the updater and told me I didn't have permission to rez objects. (That happens sometimes, rarely, fortunately, and it doesn't usually eat the objects.)

So I had to go to the KittyCatS main store to get another updater, which are free, BTW. The very helpful lady working there showed me where the updaters were, in the wee hours of the morning. You need to have a minimum of 30 LI units available on the parcel when you rez the updater to update your kittens, I found that out just in time by reading the copious and somewhat cryptic instructions.

If you do lose a kitten, you can get a new one on the marketplace for as little as L$20, and they're gorgeous and so sweet it'll break your heart. The price of food is another matter entirely......

Fennet, you never permanantly lose your cats. As long as you sign up on the website, an ID is made for every cat and you can put a ticket in to recover them. I just did this a couple of days ago when I accidentally deleted two very expensive cats. Sign up on the site, and go to the pedigree section. All of your cats are there.

Thanks for that tip, I'm going to rush right out and register. If I get my Birthday cat back I'll have 6 ravenous mouths to feed instead of the one I planned for and the 5 I already got, lol. Oh my gawd.......

I have Lolo pets, I have tomato park animals, and many other brands, and I love them all, but None of them tug at my heartstrings like these silly little KittyCatS. I did sign up on the website, even though I had to travel across second life to do it, and I will fill out a support ticket for my destroyed freebee SL 13th Birthday kitten, because all of my cats are listed right there in the pedigree section.

I think they're mighty fine.

• 3 months later...

I have 5 KittyCats and have never had any problems with them.  They are permapetted, and loads of fun.  A great product, excellent support and a lively in world presence with lots of friendly activity.

OP seems to have an unhappy time in sl, always feeling wronged when people don't agree with him.  People will have their own opinions, and that's SO annoying :)  

I can't help but be sorry when people feel their own inadequacies so sharply that trying to tear other, more successful people down is their only recourse.  What must it be like to have to live that way?  Just awful, I imagine.

Of course, he might just be a troll, so let's see if he can indeed stay away from this rather necro'd thread!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.