llSetLinkTexture and "Texture not transferable...Could not find texture" error

Asimos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2835 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

An object ends at the customers with No Mod, Yes Copy, No Transfer. This Object conatins scripts and a texture with the name "texture-A" that end at the cutomers with No Mod, Yes Copy, No Transfer too.

Why does the following line gives them an error "Texture not transferable." "Could not find texture 'texture-A'." 

llSetLinkTexture(3, "texture-A", 1);

What am I missing here?

5 answers to this question

Roling,

My sincere apology. I though this blog also deals with scripting issues ... and this is one of the 2 questions on scripting that I opened today ... I hope I have not created a big mess ...Where is the nice scripting forum?

I took a fast look at SVC-1500. I read SVC-5765 llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast improperly handles copy textures that are not also transfer and the SVC-5756 is with strike-over font that I believe it indicates that the bug is found and solved. These issues are since Feb/2008, they should have been solved by now, right? Although, scanning through the SVC comments I get the feeling that nothing is done because this is an 'expected functionality' that took them 4 years to realize that the functions works well and it is not a bug ..or is it. Who knows?

I changed from llSetLinkTexture() to llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(). After one hour and 20 mins changes, I tested it on my avatar. It worked fine. Then transfer it to a friend with No Mod, Yex Copy, No Transfer. The problem is no even bigger than before. I get "Texture not transferable. .....Too many errors... dropping further messages until the flood stops"!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not as patient as I look.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2835 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.