Converting Motionbuilder projects to load in Qavimator and vice-versa?

Suki Hirano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone know how to convert between Motionbuilder .bvh files (different skeleton set than in SL) and Qavimator .bvh files? This laptop doesn't have motionbuilder on it so I'll need to use Qavimator since it's free. Qavimator crashes when loading the .bvh so I assume it's something about settings or the model used. Thanks.

Ah well I don't have poser on this laptop either lol, and it's relatively expensive.

Are there any other programs that does the simple conversion? No need to edit as I can just edit in Qavimator. I heard this program called BVHacker. I tried it but it doesn't work... either BVHacker crashes when trying to convert the .bvh into SL skeleton, or it finishes converting but still crashes when I load it in Qavimator. The bad thing about BVHacker is that there's like no help forum, or even any contact information. The only thing I found was this google group for BVHacker, and I can't post anything unless I'm accepted into that group.

I've used BVHacker a number of times, and it is a good program to have. Since i have poser tho, I use poser to convert all file formats to the SL skeleton. Poser is not that expensive really. Look for an older poser program. I use poser 7 and it cost me 50 bucks. Even older versions will cost less.

I think animeeple had something to convert skeletons easily too.

• 1 month later...

People are always upset with expensive software, so I will post this link for one I have found for very low cost (considering) http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7040856&CatId=4434

I am not sure of TOS at the forums here, but I think this is appropriate and I do not work for these guys, buy at your own risk ect. It is 29.99 and many price comparison sites will bring up low costs on Poser 7.

Now, Poser 7 Pro is a bit more, but that is maybe not so important for SL pre-mesh and maybe not so important post mesh since there are no rigs for objects and blender seems to be getting a little help from LL and others to be working well enough for the new mesh attachment avatar rigs ect.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.